Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Cooker circuit options in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. 7671

7671 Active EF Member

Just finishing a rewire, customer not sure on hob and cooker at design stage so I went for 2 circuits with 6mm withe 2 32amp rcbo's. Hob and cooker 5 meters apart. Now induction hob and oven have arrived onsite and both suggest a 13amp supply is suffice. Should I downgrade the rcbo's to 16amp and hard wire into plate or exchange plate for non switched fused spur and leave rcbo as is

2. simpson93

simpson93 DIY

Do they come with plugs?
    Might not want to void a warranty single sockets might be better

Also 13amps seem quite small for an induction hob unless it’s a 2 ring hob.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. davesparks

davesparks Forum Mentor

How on earth are they going to void a warranty?

Are you referring to that utter nonsense about removing a moulded plug voiding the warranty on a whole appliance?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

what are kw for the induction hob &the oven ?

5. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

what ear. ;)
    o,boy.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. GeorgeCooke

GeorgeCooke Regular EF Member

The RCBOs are to protect the cable not the thing on the end of it. 32 amp RCBOs are OK for 6mm cable. No need to downgrade.

7. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

If they come with plugs, change the outlet plates to 13a sockets and plug them in

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. buzzlightyear

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

Put single socket on Instead of cooker outlet plate

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. TJ Anderson

TJ Anderson Forum Mentor

Single oven will be ok.Customer has bought the wrong hob. 13A induction has to load share to work with such limited capacity. They should have bought the full blown 7Kw + model. They will hate what they've bought as soon as they use more than one hob lol.
    As said above, leave the 32A RCBO's place and Spurs or plugtops will be ok.

11. GeorgeCooke

Actually you will need complete plugs, not just the tops.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

That’s not quite true. I got simarly lambasted a few years ago on this very subject, and so did some ‘extensive’ research for myself. :)

Most of the manufacturers don’t give a hoot if you cut their moulded plugs off. However, I did find one or two that did. There were also some that required their original lead replaced, with an manufacturers one, if that is damaged.

Unfortunately, I never retain my research, so can’t tell you who was being a bit fussy. But recommend you read the instructions before getting out your snips.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. GeorgeCooke

At the end of the day the manufacturer's warranty is in addition to your legal rights. Your legal rights won't be affected by removing the plug. Your legal rights extend to six years as against the manufacturer's typical one year.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. DPG

DPG Electrician's Arms

I knew as soon as the word 'plugtop' was mentioned that George would be along. Any how, must dash as I need some MR16 bulbs.

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    don't be silly, you plant them in february/march. use the money for beer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1