Discuss Cooker circuit to ring.? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

dogtag

-
Reaction score
Hi All, First post for me so be kind out there.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Doing a periodic/EICR on a rented house and found new kitchen fitted, old cooker circuit was terminated into JB on top of units and ring circuit taken from here by 2X 2.5 cables to feed 4 sockets and boiler spur in kitchen.

ZS measured at .65.

No electric cooker in kitchen now.

MCB 32A bit unconvential but whats wrong with it?

Thanks..

Presuming old cooker cable is 6mm? This is known (to some) as a lollipop circuit. Nothing wrong with it. It's not a standard final circuit, but I don't think it breaks any regs!

Hi All, First post for me so be kind out there.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Doing a periodic/EICR on a rented house and found new kitchen fitted, old cooker circuit was terminated into JB on top of units and ring circuit taken from here by 2X 2.5 cables to feed 4 sockets and boiler spur in kitchen.

ZS measured at .65.

No electric cooker in kitchen now.

MCB 32A bit unconvential but whats wrong with it?

Thanks..

Nothing is wrong with it, ...a perfect solution for making good use of a redundant cooker cable. Nothing wrong at all with the 32A MCB protecting this set-up either...

^^ What he said!

as you mention it , on a job last week i re-used a 6mm cooker cable as the first leg of a new kitchen power circuit but.........
extended it with 4mm to use as a radial.
just because it will annoy Eng54 ;-)
rings are dead in my world lol.
let the rants begin :-D

Reply to Cooker circuit to ring.? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock