Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Cooker Circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Dazzol2009

Dazzol2009 Regular EF Member

I have been called to do the electrics for a couple who want a induced as well keeping their existing electric oven, here's the details oven 5.2kw induced hob 7.2kw a toal of 12.4kw, after working the design current and diversity out I have 29amps, at the moment it has a 6mm cable with socket outlet incorporated cooker isolator, the board is downstairs in the basement and all the walls have been tanked and sealed with bubble wrap, normal case fog a basement, what i am asking is with not knowing how much of the cable in the wall is insulated, do I stick with the 6mm or upgrade to 10mm, in which the customer wants in trunking on the surface of the sealed wall, all suggestions welcome

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i would leave the 6mm on a 32A MCB and ditch the socket outlet on the cooker point. that brings the load down to 24A.

3. Dazzol2009

Good thinking , but I don't think they have another socket on that part of the kitchen and they plug a steamer and kettle into it, I shall pop back round and give them a few alternative quotes

4. NMc

NMc Electrician's Arms

seperate circuit for each

5. polo1

polo1 Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    GW Electrical & Security
    Here was me thinking that it was only pregnant ladies who were induced! (sorry, couldn't resist :smug:). As above, I'd go for seperate circuits.
    Regards.

6. Dazzol2009

I was looking more at 10mm, but inflexibility of fitting it in the location it would be fitted has made me look at altenatives before making the jump, I know fitting 2 X 6mm circuits would be the one that ticks all the boxes.