Discuss Cooker Control Unit With 13 Amp Socket, What one? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a cooker control panel with a 13 amp socket but the cooker switch needs to be on for me to use the 13 amp socket.

I remember using at my last place the two where separated and I could then use the socket without the cooker on.

If thats right then what panel do I need to do this?, reason being I don't like the cooker being powered on when im not using it and I just want to boil the kettle etc.

Thankyou.

, reason being I don't like the cooker being powered on when im not using it and I just want to boil the kettle etc.

Thankyou.

You worry far too much. There is no requirement to have an isolation switch anyway. I take it your cooker does not have a clock. Many do for the timer.

Regarding my post above.
I miss understood. Thinking it only had one switch controlling both cooker and socket.

Yes. As everyone else has said its a basic mistake easily rectified by swapping conductors around.

Competant spark would get that done in 15-20mins depending on size of conductors, legnth of conductors and depth of Back box.

That socket outlet is FAR too close to the worktop.

Yup, I rent this place and even I know about distance/location with these things...

Its a Victorian house converted into two flats, I wont show you the 2 gang socket under the kitchen sink then...., they just boxed it in with a panel yet from the top its exposed, I had to build something around it for protection...

Reply to Cooker Control Unit With 13 Amp Socket, What one? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock