Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss cooker elements in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. anne83

anne83 Guest

ive got a double oven and the elements have gone in both ovens can i replace the element on one oven and use this without it tripping the electric or will i have to replace the other one aswell even tho its not being used ??

2. wallyanker

wallyanker Guest

You can replace the elements individually. Best bet is to type the make and model number on ebay, I find they are normally cheaper to buy on there than your local appliance spares shop.

If one oven is not used, no need to change that element. As long as it is not turned on, it will not trip the mcb

3. anne83

anne83 Guest

4. Marvo

Marvo Admin and gender confused Staff Member

If you just want to replace one element then remove the other faulty one at the same time and make the wiring safe. If you leave one faulty element in place it might still cause tripping problems.

5. Rappid

Rappid Electrician's Arms

Have a look at espares.co.uk I get all my parts from there.