Discuss Cooker isolating switch above cooker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

matt12321

Hey all

i know you have to install a cooker switch to either side of the cooker in a new install. However in an existing install where it is positioned above the cooker does it say anywhere that it's illegal to have it there and does it have to be moved. I know it's dangerous as if there's a pan fire you wouldn't want to be reaching over it to isolate it. But if I can't be moved for any reason can it stay as long as the customer is aware of the circumstances as an advisory until they can refit kitchen, when it will be moved. Thanks

depends whether it's low enough to suffer heat damage. hob/oven can be turned of using the controls on it.

bloody good job it's not in zone 1 above the shower , innit, bazaab?

The long and short of it is. Can the new cooker be connected as it is, or does the isolation switch have to be moved under current regs

The long and short of it is. Can the new cooker be connected as it is, or does the isolation switch have to be moved under current regs

This is simply maintenance, so connect the new cooker, and invoice the client.

You can't retrospectively apply the regs - so a word of advice for any kitchen refit is in order.

I would treat it as a like-for-like replacement and just do it, but I'm really a plumber and I'm retired and couldn't give a flying one .............. :)

Reply to Cooker isolating switch above cooker in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, With respect to the cooker switch only. If I moved it 400mm to the left by extending the T&E from its original position using crimps, then...
Replies
Views
Hi I am seeking help and best practices to achieve below tasks. I am not across regulations hence will appreciate best approach to achieve below...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
(Trying again, as picture didn't post first time) Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock