Discuss cooker keeps tripping rcbo as soon as you switch it on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rusty_welder

hi people not sure if this is the right place or even the right site to be looking for help but have some problems with my cooker keep tripping the rcbo.

it will reset when the wall switch is off but as soon as you switch it on the rcbo trips, I thought that the cooker had snuffed it so got a new one and wired it in....same problem.

if I disconnect both cookers from their cables the trip resets, I have put a voltage tester on and all seems ok in till I connect cookers back to the cables, my electricians away for a few weeks and it's really bugging me,
any help would be appreciated, if I'm in the wrong place please let me know

Sounds like you need to find an Interim Electrician, could be a fault at the outlet or a faulty cooker/cable. You need an MFT ideally, shouldnt take someone more than an hour to find the problem.

hi people not sure if this is the right place or even the right site to be looking for help but have some problems with my cooker keep tripping the rcbo.

it will reset when the wall switch is off but as soon as you switch it on the rcbo trips, I thought that the cooker had snuffed it so got a new one and wired it in....same problem.

if I disconnect both cookers from their cables the trip resets, I have put a voltage tester on and all seems ok in till I connect cookers back to the cables, my electricians away for a few weeks and it's really bugging me,
any help would be appreciated, if I'm in the wrong place please let me know
Sounds like a faulty heating element on the cooker
Had one myself last month

cheees will look for a electrician tomorrow, but strange the old and new cooker does it, have done loads of checks and cant find anything, taken all cables out of sockets and cooker and put it all back together still no joy, was hoping it was something simple lol

can you get to the cable feeding the cooker ,and replace from the cooker switch .
or is tiled !

its tied from above the work top then underneath we have another box that the cooker cable connects into if you disconnect the cooker from its cable the rcbo resets but if the cooker is connected to it then it won't reset, but this happens with new and did happen with the old aswel

There's a slim chance but highly unlikely, the circuit needs testing properly and that should reveal the problem, shouldn't take long to sort out.

I had one not long ago that was causing an RCBO to trip and immediately thought it must be the element on its way out. Earth leakage clamp picked up decent leakage. When I IR checked the circuit I found the cooker DP switch to be causing it.

you call 3 years old???? ours is a 20 year old double oven jobby, has been used almost every day, and to date has had 1 new 15watt bulb and last year the horrendous cost of £30 for a new element.

I had one not long ago that was causing an RCBO to trip and immediately thought it must be the element on its way out. Earth leakage clamp picked up decent leakage. When I IR checked the circuit I found the cooker DP switch to be causing it.
I have replaced the cooker switch on the wall for a new one, not sure about earth leackage, think I will get an electrician in

Reply to cooker keeps tripping rcbo as soon as you switch it on in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net