Discuss Cooker switch position in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

anna anna

Hi there . I am having my cooker installation redone and the question is about the cooker switch. What is the recommended distance from the cooker itself? And can i have first the switch for the kitchen extractor and then the cooker fuse? Or the cooker fuse should be next to the cooker? Many thanks for your help

Hi there . I am having my cooker installation redone and the question is about the cooker switch. What is the recommended distance from the cooker itself? And can i have first the switch for the kitchen extractor and then the cooker fuse? Or the cooker fuse should be next to the cooker? Many thanks for your help
The Electrician installing the cooker circuit will be able to advise, not enough detail in your post .
Will you be having a new circuit from your Fuse board? or is there an existing cooker supply? how big is your cooker in KWs etc.

Cooker switch should be no more than 2 meters away from appliance as recommended by the building regulations and the on site guide.
Manufacturers also may specify.

The Electrician installing the cooker circuit will be able to advise, not enough detail in your post .
Will you be having a new circuit from your Fuse board? or is there an existing cooker supply? how big is your cooker in KWs etc.
We've already been down this road on another thread

if it gets hot,
1. it's too close. solution get it moved (by an electrician).
2. there's an electrical problem, get it fixed (by an electrician)

2 problems one solution. simplesss.

if it gets hot,
1. it's too close. solution get it moved (by an electrician).
2. there's an electrical problem, get it fixed (by an electrician)

2 problems one solution. simplesss.
ok, thank you all. so there is no specific regulations with regard which switch goes where; as long they are close but not too close to the cooker, all should be OK.

as long they are close but not too close
rec 300mm minimum
If the cooker control has a socket,it should be sited where any trailing flex is not going to end up draped over the hot plates

Reply to Cooker switch position in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net