Discuss cooker switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lammy76

hi i am putting a new oven in 3kw i am running it on a radial on 2.5 on a 20 amp mcb just to check can the cooker switch be an 13 amp fuse connection unit with neon light

yeh mate i just done the part p course .but was sliglty confused as the manual does not state much as what connections or cable to use i had to find out the kw on the website

yeh mate i just done the part p course .but was sliglty confused as the manual does not state much as what connections or cable to use i had to find out the kw on the website

There's a big difference between just doing the course and actually being a member of a scheme doing self certification!

for me too, as i wired a tubo chef up this week and required d breaker, which you wouldnt of known without manufactres data

oh
yeh i know re just doing the course but i have to do to jobs before someone will come out and asses me .as to the post before i am putting fcu 300 to the right of the hob and then oven plugged in below is this what you meant

Do'h should have read thread more thoroughly.

I'd be more inclined to put in a 20A DP switch, 16A MCB with the manufacturers instructions offering up so little insight.

just come in on this. if the cooker is fitted with a 1363 plug top, then do as suggested. if it's meant to be hard wired, then i would install a 6mm radial on a 32A MCB. isolator and CCU. this will future proof the job for if ans when a larger cooker is fitted.

Mmmm if it was me I maybe would have followed telectrix to sum extent by just fitting a 6.0mm cable but that's as far as I would have followed I would have fused it at 16A for better protection of the oven being fitted and would have hard wired it under the counter because there is nothing worse than having to pull it out if that fuse blows.

anyway thanks lads i have done the way d80 said as it is new kitchen and i can not see any one putting in a cooker that requires more power the future

t
hat

requires

Reply to cooker switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net