Discuss cordless drill???? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hawk81

-
Reaction score
I need to get myself a new cordless drill but can't decide what to go for, what are you guys using and what would you recommend. I am thinking bosch myself.

Personally for drill drivers I look for something with a high RPM rate for HSS drilling, holesaws etc, with a reasonable level of torque to drive all the most common screw sizes I use ,also it has to be light for using above my head all day. Bosch are always very good though maybe a slightly lighter version not the 18V, milwaukee do some great stuff thats on a par with Hilti.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a milwaukee man an always will be.

panasonic 21v i think was 175& vat great batteries
had a makita mxt 18v which was excellent .far better build quality than the lxt version imo

If you're after the 18v drill/driver combo this would be worth the extra.
There were loads of places offering the kit at a discount, dunno if it's because the line was being discontinued.

make sure you look at the torque it will give you a good idea how good it is 50-80+ is what you are looking for

bearing in mind that you can buy a milwaukee hd18pd 75nm torque with 2 * 3amp batteries for £240
on ebay or an extra drill for 300

Reply to cordless drill???? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock