Discuss Cordless sds- Milwaukee 18v or Bosch 36v in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to get a cordless sds mainly doing commercial so don't really need chisel. Mainly be used for fixings, 12mm anchors etc and maybe the odd 20mm hole.

Has anyone used the milwaukee m18 sds?? are 18v sds drills up to the job???. Was looking at bosch 36v aswell but there pricey

What are peoples opinions?

Cheers Mark

go for the bosch mate.

if you have got Milwaukee batteries already that would work.

the bosch batteries are around 40/50 mark but other brands are a lot more expensive.

(i got my makita one for £300, sds drills are not cheap)

check prices mate it might be more worth while to build a kit up with bare tools

Do you know if the bosch 36v compact is any good? or is it worth going all out and getting the proper,full sized 36v

go for the bosch mate.

if you have got Milwaukee batteries already that would work.

the bosch batteries are around 40/50 mark but other brands are a lot more expensive.

(i got my makita one for £300, sds drills are not cheap)

Do you know if the bosch 36v compact is any good? or is it worth going all out and getting the proper,full sized 36v
sorry i have only ever used the full sized one.

we have used them from 8-5 day in day out chasing and they keep on going.

makita is not as reliable, it runs a lot hotter.

dewalt 18v xr is the same as the makita but a mate has killed 2 in the last year (he burnt one out)

the makita's have a cut out inside but i dont think the dewalt sds does.

i have used one of the pree fuel milwaukee sds drills and they seem good but i cant comment on the battery life because the guy was using 1.5 batteries

Has anyone used the milwaukee m18 sds?? are 18v sds drills up to the job???.

Are Milwaukee 18v SDS drills up to the job?? .....YES all day long.
Milwaukee is the manufacturer of choice for all or the vast majority of it's power tools for our main contractor, and was for the last project too!! Duty, battery life and reliability being major factors...

That should tell you something..... Never once in all the time i've been in this game. have i ever seen a decent sized project's main contractor go for all standard Bosch equipment!!

It depends how much you are going to use it, if being used all day every day then I would go for a 110 volt option instead as you will soon wear the batteries out.

Milwaukee does have a decent reputation, although I use Makita myself and have a 18v SDS myself and that is more than enough for infrequent use on a daily basis.

It depends how much you are going to use it, if being used all day every day then I would go for a 110 volt option instead as you will soon wear the batteries out.

Milwaukee does have a decent reputation, although I use Makita myself and have a 18v SDS myself and that is more than enough for infrequent use on a daily basis.
that is sound advice there.

i havent bothered getting a 110 because i dont use an sds for long periods of time.

usually either plugs or raw bolts and nothing else.

a good 110 sds is around 80-100 so worth getting over battery if there is power where you work

Use a milwaukee 18v sds at work surprised me how good it is its light and gets the job done does 20mm holes in concrete with ease.
better than trailing cables about anyday. never tried it with chisels (have a bosh 110v for heavy work)

Milwaukee does have a very good reputation and therefore may well be the tool of choice for you, as Diilb though I prefer Makita, cheap and reliable, my 18 volt drill is 2 years old and has been hammered and the batteries recharged hundreds of times, it is still going strong, I also own a 36 Volt Bosch, it is also a good bit of kit, all three makes are decent and worth purchasing IMHO.

I replaced my 36v Bosch with this.......

aryqy9an.jpg

The Bosch was good but this was better and the dust extractor doesn't half save a load of vacuuming!, however it's a bit cumbersome and quite heavy so to compliment it, I treated myself to this .........

ybetamyh.jpg

For anchors and plugs, absolutely superb and I can get all day out of 1 battery!

I've already got a 110v bosch sds, does the job. Not bad for small sites but large sites its a nightmare trying to find power and having miles of trailing leads.

Maybe i'll just stick with the 110v tho, for the price of a a cordless i'd have to watch it like a hawk on site otherwise it'll go walkies.

I've already got a 110v bosch sds, does the job. Not bad for small sites but large sites its a nightmare trying to find power and having miles of trailing leads.

Maybe i'll just stick with the 110v tho, for the price of a a cordless i'd have to watch it like a hawk on site otherwise it'll go walkies.
if you have the batteries already there cheap mate, practically everyone uses battery now

ive got an 18 volt Milwaukee best piece of kit i have ever bought blows the backside off my old 24 volt Hitachi drilled a 25mm hole through a 2ft thick wall the other day got a little warm did the job good investment have you tried to lift the bosh 36 volt if your doing alot you may well need to go to the gym for a few weeks first

ive got an 18 volt Milwaukee best piece of kit i have ever bought blows the backside off my old 24 volt Hitachi drilled a 25mm hole through a 2ft thick wall the other day got a little warm did the job good investment have you tried to lift the bosh 36 volt if your doing alot you may well need to go to the gym for a few weeks first
i think you need to go the gym mate, the bosch isnt that heavy.

Ive seen the milwaukee 18v with two 4amp batteries for £349..good price. Then i can upgrade my combi aswell. Its getting more expensive by the minute:willy_nilly:

Ive seen the milwaukee 18v with two 4amp batteries for £349..good price. Then i can upgrade my combi aswell. Its getting more expensive by the minute:willy_nilly:

Good thing is you can add items i got a bear bones circular saw uses the same batteries one charger i have got 3 batteries

I paid a about the same for my smaller Hilti TE-2, (the bottom pic) and although I do rate Milwaukee, Hilti is still far superior! With much better service

Hi,

I'm looking to get a cordless sds mainly doing commercial so don't really need chisel. Mainly be used for fixings, 12mm anchors etc and maybe the odd 20mm hole.

Has anyone used the milwaukee m18 sds?? are 18v sds drills up to the job???. Was looking at bosch 36v aswell but there pricey

What are peoples opinions?

Cheers Mark
I use the 36v Bosch , fantastic piece of kit,very powerful. I use it for cutting back boxes in too. Batteries last ages. Well worth the money. Bosch 3 warranty is very good too ,they will come to your job or home to pick up the tool if any faults occur.

Reply to Cordless sds- Milwaukee 18v or Bosch 36v in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net