Discuss cordless switching an outside light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
been asked by friends of my girlfriend to look at puttinga switch inside her huse to switch a 500w pir flood she has on an out building, i said its a lot of hassle and cost ahving to run another swa cable for it just to switch it from the house rather its current location in the out building.

i ahve suggested using a timer? or are there cordless switching available?

wireless_switching_system_l.jpg

Have a look at this mate,i posted this before.Think it worked out to £115 +VAT.
QVS Electrical Supplies | Electrical Wholesaler

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, the guy I installed it for said it was about £150.00 I guess the big problem is, you spend half an hour installing it hand them a bill for over £200.00 then have to argue with them after they go "HOW MUCH!"

B&Q do a pack of 3 plug in remotes with a single controller for around a tenner,sure it's for the diy market but it will do the same job for a fraction of the cost.Just means the flood is on a plug top.

Here you go, try this link well cheep;)

Amazon.co.uk: remote plugs

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to cordless switching an outside light in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, I have an outside light that is turned on with a switch from inside and would like to change it to a PIR version incorporating an...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, medium to beginners experience in electrics. I placed a 250w security PIR light outside. I connected it to the inside first-floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Wondering if you could offer some advice please. I carried out a small outdoor lighting project today at a commercial property. 4 lights...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm an I.T.. engineer with some outdated electrical experience. I qualified C&G 2330 17th edition about 15 years ago, but my only experience...
Replies
Views
Thank you in advance for your help. I recently purchased a home and while removing some built-ins I found that they had a 14/2 wire running...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock