Discuss Core Drill Recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Another vote for the Makita 8406, it's pretty much bullet proof.
Mine doesn't get used much but know a few guys that have one and use it day in day out with no problems

I've got a metabo but I haven't had chance to use it because all the vent holes I've needed to make we're up ladders and in precarious places and I don't want to die early so I chain drill and SDS it out. One day I'll have one at kneeling height until then it'll stay in its case. Second hand so not bought for a job.

Another vote for the Marcrist DDM1. I like their dust-extraction system, too.

A very good mate of mine has been in the hire industry for 30 odd years and rates the 8406 as one of the best. As he always points out hire kit is the most abused kit out there and a lot of hire companies have the 8406 in their hire fleet so it is good enough for me

Don't get the Dewalt it is as good as useless! I'll have to check what model have, I know it was bought from Screwfix for £280 so wasn't exactly cheap!

Reply to Core Drill Recommendations in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock