Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Correct Lock Off Device for 4 Pole Main Switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger EF Member

Hi all & thanks in advance for any feedback.

Could anyone tell me the correct Lock off device used to safely isolate a 4 pole main switch? Screenshot_20190515-110916_Gallery.jpg lockout-lock-slider-pin-mcb-circuit-breaker-lt-spowcbl-new.jpg

I'm not 100% sure if the isolation device with the prongs is the correct device to be used or if another lock off device is necessary.

Pics attached

Thanks all.

2. DAvid Prosser

DAvid Prosser Electrician's Arms

The prong one is ok as are the ones that clamp the breaker in place (I use a slightly larger prong type but it's the same principle). Whichever type you use on these main switches they all are easily removed by some one determined to get the switch on.

3. Jon Bateson

Jon Bateson EF Member

Business Name:
    Jon Bateson Electrical Contractor
    Tape

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. freddo

freddo Regular EF Member

That has 5 poles.

This type grips better and doesn't mark/damage the switch.

• Like Like x 1