Discuss cost of bills/leds in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J.C.E

-
Arms
Reaction score
Will LEDS save you that much?

mum always complain how much the elec bill is (like £400/month-5bed house,5.5kw shower,hot tub,HW always left on from boiler, things never turned off at the sockets)

we have quite a few down lights throughout the house, would changing all of these to LED change the bill so that she notices?

replacing 10 50watt halogens GU10s with LED will save approx. £100/year assuming they are all on about 5 hours /day.

over time yes.. i put 80 odd in cafe where lights on 10hrs a day.. so defo if on all time... and apparently they will be there in 10 years according to box..

work it out energy price kwh by hours per day

just counting, we have 45x 30/50w halogens throughout the house, and most of these are on a good few hours each day

so that 2.2kW. per hour that will cost approx 30p/hour. say 100 hours /week is £30 x 52 = £1560/year. LEDs will cost approx 10% of that, thus saving about £1400/year.

and that's as accurate as i'm bothered to go on a sunday before beer o'clock.

aye but in a house a 100hrs a week now your acting your age and exaggerating.. 50 max which will pay for themselves in a year.... you got it right first time

I've got 40 to install next week and given the option the guy wanted halogens instead of led, crazy if you ask me! I've only got 10 in my place and they're all led, on the power monitor you really notice it

cost of bills/leds {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Will LEDS save you that much?

mum always complain how much the elec bill is (like £400/month-5bed house,5.5kw shower,hot tub,HW always left on from boiler, things never turned off at the sockets)

we have quite a few down lights throughout the house, would changing all of these to LED change the bill so that she notices?

Blimey mate, you are a sparky and you need to ask this.....!

Reply to cost of bills/leds in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock