Discuss cost of EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

P

Phillcbr400

With the changes to part p, I was wondering what you registered lads charge for a EICR. This is relating to a rewire ill be completing myself. Just wondering if its better me going down this route instead of LABC. If I'm honest I'd rather give my pennies too another spark than the council, they have enough off me :)
I'm in the manchester area and it's a 3 bed semi (not big).
If you don't want to put your prices up here a PM is fine.
Thanks
Phill

Haha well ill be testing it first anyway before I get someone else in. But this is just for paperwork purposes If I'm honest.
They will probably try getting me with a rewire haha

Just too add I'm more than happy for the lad doing the EICR to come and look at the first fix if they want.
Plus all faces and lighting will be accessible for a quick fly around job.

With the changes to part p, I was wondering what you registered lads charge for a EICR. This is relating to a rewire ill be completing myself. Just wondering if its better me going down this route instead of LABC. If I'm honest I'd rather give my pennies too another spark than the council, they have enough off me :)
I'm in the manchester area and it's a 3 bed semi (not big).
If you don't want to put your prices up here a PM is fine.
Thanks
Phill

It would not be legal yet (or after the 6th April) unless they are a member of a third party sign off scheme and none of those exist yet! You also have to notify the electrician in advance of the job starting.
You could do it if the area building control accept it, but they would be more likely to accept you being a competent electrician and completing the EIC. However if they do not accept this then you are pretty much stung for the BC fee.:53:

Yes this would be after the 6th, it's not been started yet,
It says registered third-party certifier. Is this another ticket as such through the scams?

Yes this would be after the 6th, it's not been started yet,
It says registered third-party certifier. Is this another ticket as such through the scams?

Elecsa have told me in writing that they are not even going to start discussing it until September '13!!

Maybe someone on here should start a poll to get views aired!

But who completes the Electrical Installation Certificate (EIC), and the testing before & after the installation is energized?

(Im mot part p or registered) what my building control want for my install is the EIC too be completed by myself, they inspect the first fix and test on completion. Maybe the full scope of their works can be handed over to a third party when the changes come in.

Reply to cost of EICR in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock