Discuss course soon hv switching in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

raymvv

hi folks, i am about to go on an HV switching course, as a bit of a warm up, i have been given a HV Switching schedue to write. Does anyone know where i can find some info online for this as i am very new to HV operations? as a headsup?

think this is right up tony's street. he'll probably be online later tonight.

I was going to offer to send some as examples. But I’ve just noticed this is your first post, sorry.

Pure chance, as is most of life.

OP, without editing the schedules they could be traced to my former employer. Had I known you from here then I wouldn’t have a problem with that, but I’m not breaking the confidentiality agreement by sending them to a stranger.

Done 4 HV/AP courses well 1 and 3 re certs. If this is your 1st course then you will be shown how to construct a switching schedule, different companies have differing ways although they will all be pretty much the same, they have probably given you a schedule to write to see how much you don't know about HV switch gear, How long is the course and who is it with? mine was all MOD at the training center ran by the PSA at RAF Cardington, sadly no more.

Looking at your profile you say you are an Engineer, what sort of Engineer? would that be something like a site Engineer on a large complex that has it's own HV system? the subject is to complex to advise you over the forum, my advice would be to go in cold, and assume you know nothing, start from scratch, oh not wanting to put a damper on things most of these courses are designed to certify you as an Authorised Person for your particular site, it's no a cake walk, plenty of exercises to do in the evening, either pass or fail.

Last edited:
Done 4 HV/AP courses well 1 and 3 re certs. If this is your 1st course then you will be shown how to construct a switching schedule, different companies have differing ways although they will all be pretty much the same, they have probably given you a schedule to write to see how much you don't know about HV switch gear, How long is the course and who is it with? mine was all MOD at the training center ran by the PSA at RAF Cardington, sadly no more.

Looking at your profile you say you are an Engineer, what sort of Engineer? would that be something like a site Engineer on a large complex that has it's own HV system? the subject is to complex to advise you over the forum, my advice would be to go in cold, and assume you know nothing, start from scratch, oh not wanting to put a damper on things most of these courses are designed to certify you as an Authorised Person for your particular site, it's no a cake walk, plenty of exercises to do in the evening, either pass or fail.

The last HV course/exams I undertook involved a 4hour closed book theory exam then a 4hour practical. Can't remember the exact pass rate high teens sticks out in my mind.

If you PM me your email address, I can probably forward on some switching examples. Although if you spend a little time on google, there are plenty about.

I know the OP has long gone but as a matter of interest for some our schedules are comprised of - field engineer, time of instruction, location of equipment, equipment to be operated, operation to be carried out, time of completion and confirmation time.

Reply to course soon hv switching in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock