Discuss Cowboy builders in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
New measures designed to protect the public from incompetent "cowboy" builders were announced by the government on Wednesday and given a cautious welcome by MPs.

Tradesmen who operate self-check schemes, which allow them to assess their own work, will be required to meet higher standards, the Department for Communities and Local Government said. Under this system there are also 18 independent organisations that conduct intermittent prearranged inspections. They will instead conduct unannounced spot-checks, to make the scheme more rigorous.

Cowboy builders to be up against tougher self-check schemes | UK news | The Guardian

What do you think?

Sounds like a load of hot air and waffle to me.

At the moment anyone can set themselves up as a builder, you don't have to have quals or experience. Just get the marketting stuff, sign write your van and off you go. The only safety net is LABC for certain works, but if you're going to doing it with no idea how are you going to bother LABC? I'd say probably not.
Until this situation is addressed nothing will change, parliament can waffle on as much as they please but it won't do a damn thing.

New measures designed to protect the public from incompetent "cowboy" builders were announced by the government on Wednesday and given a cautious welcome by MPs.

Tradesmen who operate self-check schemes, which allow them to assess their own work, will be required to meet higher standards, the Department for Communities and Local Government said. Under this system there are also 18 independent organisations that conduct intermittent prearranged inspections. They will instead conduct unannounced spot-checks, to make the scheme more rigorous.

Cowboy builders to be up against tougher self-check schemes | UK news | The Guardian

What do you think?

Sounds like a load of hot air and waffle to me.

ANYTHING that's announced by the government - or indeed any politician - is bound to be nothing more than hot air & waffle and will be "U-turned" within a week !!

Reply to Cowboy builders in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock