Discuss Cowboy electrician in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Here that left rcd has tripped has he left a fault there.
It's the 32A mcb thats tripped (though I did have to look twice) I guess that's the faulty socket circuit, though I guess the neutral is ok since the RCD still holds :)
rest of the install is class, I'd be proud to put my name (Billy the Kid)to that.

I was called to a house where they said the fuse for the sockets kept blowing.They had kept replacing the fuse until it didn't blow anymore but now the sockets have no power!.

When i arrived to have a look they said another electrician had come out and in order to fix the fault had replaced the consumer unit! The sockets still had no power to them.
Anyway i had a look and found the house to wired in rubber cable.Obviously the blasting had totally destroyed the conductors blowing apart the fault and now was sat there with no power.

I turned my attention to the consumer that the 'electrician'(and i use the term loosely) had fitted.
Heres what i found.
http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/OVG1tOt.jpg

He has used the old cotton covered tails and fed it through an unbushed hole with the red clearly digging into the consumer unit.

Also the main earth cable looked like it was only 2.5mm!
http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/ADKv2od.jpg
No earth bonding to gas or water.
Heres the inside.
http://i.Upload the image directly to the thread.com/ooOlYg2.jpg

Needless to say there was no certificate,no labels,no part 'p' notification etc.

I am gob smacked at the incompetence of this so called electrician.

What do others think?

View attachment 34239
Class job (NOT) what a lash up

If you hear the customer had an electrician from Facebook you instantly cry a little inside. Very poor job, I've seen worse like but that is impressive how many regs he's managed to break in 1 job.

I've used BG in the past, but not out of choice. Give me a schneider easy9 for domestic any day and I'll be a happy monkey. I'll even wave a tiny German flag while wiring it up!

hate the easy9. lack of space. can't dress cables behind din rail. main switch arse about face.

try feeding 10x 2.5mm T/E from below alongside the N bar.

try feeding 10x 2.5mm T/E from below alongside the N bar.
Fitted 6 easy 9s in a block of flats...sorry... "apartments". They're nice when you have all your new cables through the back :D

Usually end up fitting whichever local wholesalers sell. Usually BG or contactum.
One of them the neutral bar unclips itself and it's a nightmare! Fighting with all your cables and then the bar starts flapping about.

If you hear the customer had an electrician from Facebook you instantly cry a little inside. Very poor job, I've seen worse like but that is impressive how many regs he's managed to break in 1 job.

I've used BG in the past, but not out of choice. Give me a schneider easy9 for domestic any day and I'll be a happy monkey. I'll even wave a tiny German flag while wiring it up!

Thought they were French.

Speaking of great German engineering. Have you heard of the new CK Slimline screwdrivers. Precision made in Germany?

(Sponsor me @CK Tools :D)

They're French!

Reply to Cowboy electrician in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock