Discuss crabtree ceicon c63-11 before dis board? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

solo2771

Hi all,
I was working this morning putting some lighting circuits on dimmers and was asked to find a buzzing noise.
It ended up being a contactor ( crabtree ceicon c63-11 49400/x-)
The buzzing started after a power cut last night.
It appears to not be controlled by any of the circuits in the dis board as I killed all power to it with the main switch.
I am wondering if it could be controlled by the fire alarm system?
Is this a normal thing?
I sprayed it with wd40 and all is ok for now but i am curious why it is there but had not got the time to investigate further.
Any ideas?

You find this a lot with contactors that have been ergised for long period if you split it in half you will notice 2 sets of 3 magnetic plates with the coils going around them and the faceplates have a film of dirt built up on them. To sort this problem get a bit of fine glass paper and clean the 6 faces then put a thin veneer of petrolium jelly or Vasalene to you and that should clear the problem .

This will help you get over the problem but it may surface again a couple of years down the road so due to the cost of a new contactor (make sure coil voltage matches the old one) change it

PS dont know what the contactor is controlling you will need to trace the cables being switched back to the board and you will also have to trace the coil supply to see what is controlling it

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem sorted a bit of WD 40 has cured it for now and I have found out it is an emergency cut out to isolate the kitchen.
Nonone including the owner knew what the red button was for lol.

Reply to crabtree ceicon c63-11 before dis board? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock