Discuss Crabtree main switch tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

piz

Hello all,
I have been to a property with a crabtree starbreaker board main switch is 80A 30ma rcd.
The customer thought the dishwasher was tripping electrics I teste IR when I tested RCD it tripped on times half!
I have ordered a new one but when the breaker is turned off for the PV the rcd no longer trips, Would this be a PV fault been insalled over a year can we test them? (PV)
why would it trip if only feeding power in

Cheers

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/electrical-tools-products/66836-pv-tripping-rcd.html#ixzz2Ax62UGDp

You've got to find the fault, an RCD detects an earth leakage so what IR test have you done? All circuits? If so what are other circuits? Did you check N-E and L-E.

When testing RCD and it tripped at x half, did it have any loads connected or was it stand alone?

You need to have a logical plan & gradually elimate sections of the installation.

Ps

Was a bit silly IMO installing the Pv along with everything else under a 30mA mainswitch, I would have liked to think he/she could have been a bit more inventive!

Reply to Crabtree main switch tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views
I'm writing this mainly hoping something occurs to me while writing it! I got called to an occasionally tripping RCD. It's a Hager double height...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hello - hope someone can advise please. I have a recently purchased second hand Myford lathe which has a 3-phase inverter (Siemens Micromaster...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I don’t really know where to post this, sorry if it’s in the wrong place. After posting a thread about old lead sheathed cable in my...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock