Discuss Crazy Plumber in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

senor_fabulous

I got a call from a plumber to price up a job for a 8.5 kW shower. So I went and had a look, told him could be a complete rewire here mate. He and the customer not pleased at this so I told them I will have to do some tests. Plumber says no no dont do that. I said I have to, and it will need a board change anyway. So he and the customer, went through the cable run route, about 18 metres and a right pig. Then the plumber told me he will supply materials, give him a list and I gave him a rough quote there and then. He said I,ve already quoted the customer less than that. He then got really agrressive dont you want £150 blah blah blah. For the fact he got nasty I said yeah I'll do it. He said great be here tommorow at 7. I have just got a call from him " are you coming dont you want £150 " I told him never to ring me again and put the phone down. A new shower cct and board change for £150 what an Nutter.

Well, fair play for shafting the plumber like that, in the past when they or anyone are in mid rant I just walk away without saying anything and snigger to myself when they are shouting "oi, dont you walk away from me".

plumbing is a dirty trade....he has prob spent to much time twisting someones ubend....i would have told him to jog on....the idea of a quote is you price up materials and a labour price...they say yes or no...its not can u do it for 150 quid the tool....

hahahhahahaha!! ge in!! if you go to plumbing forum later there wil be a post saying some stupid electrician or somit!

plumbing is a dirty trade....he has prob spent to much time twisting someones ubend....i would have told him to jog on....the idea of a quote is you price up materials and a labour price...they say yes or no...its not can u do it for 150 quid the tool....
A grade A tool of the highest order, he should stick to breaking up other people's jobbies than dictating terms to sparks

ask the pratt if he'll install you a new boiler for £150. you'll buy the boiler so he can't put a mark up on it.

hahahhahahaha!! ge in!! if you go to plumbing forum later there wil be a post saying some stupid electrician or somit!
Yep could well be. It will start Am I an Angry Nutter, I have been shafted by a spark all because I tried to dictate a price on a job. Oh well there is always my trusty plunger. He was good looking though. LOL

so he quoted the job for you?? and he is mad cos he underquoted it?? hes a ----er. It still would have been too cheap if you put a 1 way cu in and did it that way. the earths would need doing too, and possibly the tails. I wonder if, in that situation if you wouldnt have to introduce supplimentary bonding as well. Not for the shower circuit as thats rcd protected. But you are introducing a circuit into a special location where the other circuit is not rcd protected (lights). Is that correct?, im not 100% on that.

Reply to Crazy Plumber in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock