• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Credit Unions for tradesmen? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jellen

Hi

Im wonderinging if any one know of a credit union for tradesmen? I have tried searching google etc but cant find anything.

Thanks

James

Hi James,

I work for the Association of British Credit Unions and your post was brought to my attention by a colleague.

Unfortunately, there is not a credit union for tradesmen at the moment. You might be able to join one, however, if you live or work in an area where there is one. To find out if there is one you might be able to join phone our offices on 0161 832 3694 and a member of staff will be happy to help.

Currently credit unions are only able to serve indivuduals and therefore if you are looking to do your company/partnership's banking via a credit union you wouldn't be able to - as a sole trader there would be no problem. Once the legislation is passed either later this year or early next year, though, small businesses will be able to use their local credit union to do their banking.

For further information about British credit unoins and how to become a member please phone the number above or visit ABCUL.

Thanks for your interest in credit unions and do please get in touch with us for further information.

Matt Bland.

Upvote 0

Reply to Credit Unions for tradesmen? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back