Discuss Critique my new website please! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Just seems to be an awful lot of nothing around the sides & bottom.

Can it be adjusted to fill more of the page or something???

looked good to me just the landline number missing i liked the customers comment a couple more wouldnt be a bad thing

- - - Updated - - -

Also how much did you pay to get that done as im in the process of having mine made

the instead of a one off job quote might put people off,as the one off jobs lead to more jobs and the building of work relationships,just a thought..otherwise not too bad

Might be an idea to put some rough prices up for customer guidance, i.e. cost of an EICR on a 3 bed property, price per circuit etc.

Looking good though, not much crap dancing around the screen and easy to read.

I like it.

I dissagree with putting your rates on the site as I would not want the local competition undercutting my prices.(I look at all my competitors sites)

looked good to me just the landline number missing i liked the customers comment a couple more wouldnt be a bad thing

- - - Updated - - -

Also how much did you pay to get that done as im in the process of having mine made

Was£350 for 5 pages but ended up with 8 was £420 I think , wanted to put in a few more testimonials but meant going onto page 9 and didn't want it too long

Fell asleep half way thro' the 1st page.

then again thro' the 2nd page.

then again thro the 3rd page.

A pattern forming??

However, Generally nice and clear, just too many words.

Our Company
When you
Need a local, reliable and professional electrical service,

We aim to be the only service you'll ever have to deal with For all your electrical installation, testing and maintenance requirements?

Most of our customers are from recommendations or repeat business

Just about all our clients and customers are from repeat business or have contacted us through personal recommendation by friends, neighbours or business associates.

We offer a personal and tailored service built up through a long term relationship

Instead of just a one-off job,
we prefer to build a long-term, ongoing relationship with all our customers, offering them a personal and tailored service.

PDW Electrical Services is an NICEIC Approved contractor, which is acknowledged throughout the electrical industry as a sign of excellence and is an accreditation that is required as standard by Councils, NHS, Government, Insurance companies and most major contracts and specifiers. as a mark of quality, so You can rest be assured you are working with a fully qualified, competent and experienced electrician

Contact us today for more information on our range of services.

Fell asleep half way thro' the 1st page.

then again thro' the 2nd page.

then again thro the 3rd page.

A pattern forming??

However, Generally nice and clear, just too many words.

Our Company
When you
Need a local, reliable and professional electrical service,

We aim to be the only service you'll ever have to deal with For all your electrical installation, testing and maintenance requirements?

Most of our customers are from recommendations or repeat business

Just about all our clients and customers are from repeat business or have contacted us through personal recommendation by friends, neighbours or business associates.

We offer a personal and tailored service built up through a long term relationship

Instead of just a one-off job,
we prefer to build a long-term, ongoing relationship with all our customers, offering them a personal and tailored service.

PDW Electrical Services is an NICEIC Approved contractor, which is acknowledged throughout the electrical industry as a sign of excellence and is an accreditation that is required as standard by Councils, NHS, Government, Insurance companies and most major contracts and specifiers. as a mark of quality, so You can rest be assured you are working with a fully qualified, competent and experienced electrician

Contact us today for more information on our range of services.

Ok thanks snowhead this is the first attempt if you like, so I take your point and will look into making it a little more brief and to the point when I update it

This is why I wanted other people to take a look as its difficult to judge by yourself

Like the big boys do in adverts, get straight to the point.

Plain white background is good and all the logos etc.

You only get one chance and people soon move on

Not wishing to be harsh and I'm no expert, but if I was surfing the web (can you use that phrase still) and come across your front page I would probably just delete, and go to the next site. The Home page looks abit plain, and all the icons about 'JIB, PartP, City&Guilds are unnecessary. I think unless you have a large company, you don't need all those tabs. Perhaps some direct links to some photos to some of your work from the homepage, not a picture of a CU or socket, but a finished room a kitchen for example. Definitely a landline number. If your using the internet, make sense to show your locality, unless you don't mind travelling the country. Being rather picky, but that's just how it grabs me with first impressions.

Last edited:
Main page could do with telling people where you are based and areas you cover, looks good though ...

Looks professional and gets all the key points across very well.

Admittedly i think the home page needs alittle polishing up to 'get to the point' easier.

I also found it very clinical with many of the images used....needs afew personal touches added. As an example on the call outs page rather than a generic test meter i'd have my sign written van (sort of man with van ready to serve kind of thing)

On the home page i'd put smaller logo's giving room to add photo's of finished job's....maybe even add photo's of work in progress somewhere on the site aswell (just avoid the photo's of everyone stood around drinking tea/coffee ;p )

Overall though it looks good.

I will add haveing not done my own webpage (does a oneman band in cabbage munching country really warrant one?) i'm by far no expert.

Not wishing to be harsh and I'm no expert, but if I was surfing the web (can you use that phrase still) and come across your front page I would probably just delete, and go to the next site. The Home page looks abit plain, and all the icons about 'JIB, PartP, City&Guilds are unnecessary. I think unless you have a large company, you don't need all those tabs. Perhaps some direct links to some photos to some of your work from the homepage, not a picture of a CU or socket, but a finished room a kitchen for example. Definitely a landline number. If your using the internet, make sense to show your locality, unless you don't mind travelling the country. Being rather picky, but that's just how it grabs me with first impressions.

Thank you midwest, i do agree about including my own photos this was allways my intention from the begining, and as soon as i get a few i will be including them when i update it

to be honest i only had a rough idea of what i wanted to start with, and the web designer i used said not to wait until i got it perfect to make it live otherwise it will never be finished, put it up there and get peoples opinion of it and then review it yourself every month or so

there was so many details i have been thinking of, that i wanted to put up there, but without boring the pants off people. also it seems so obvious to me now its been pointed out that i didnt even include the area that i work in.....DOH!

Reply to Critique my new website please! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock