Discuss Cruiseship Work in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rosko1987

Evening All

Just wondering if anybodys every worked on a cruise ship? its something id love to get into but have no idea how id go about it?

Any information would be much appreciated, cheers Rosko

Evening All

Just wondering if anybodys every worked on a cruise ship? its something id love to get into but have no idea how id go about it?

Any information would be much appreciated, cheers Rosko

I worked in for P & O Cruises some 25 years ago but since then a lot has changed since then as to join them or other companies which now come under the Carnival banner it is a minimum of a HND or degree to become an ETO as not only do you have to look after from the generation upwards but also radar and other electronic equipment.

don't think you need any qualification to be an electrician on the boats last time i was on them i was watching 2 sparks straightening up wall lights with a spirit level ????

Most electricians like me that have worked on any sort of marine vessel, with cruise jobs being the icing on the cake, have come from an industrial background along with a strong electronic experience because of the spread of work required. you find Diesel electric generators, Nuclear power, Fuel cells and a vast array of single phase, 3 phase and DC installation requirements. as mentioned there is also Radar, wireless etc although this is often split between the electrician and the communication technician

just do a web search for marine electrician jobs and you will see what I mean

Reply to Cruiseship Work in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net