Discuss Cscs card for NICEIC QS in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'm searching through the threads looking to see which card I'm entitled to as a QS but can't find a definitive answer.
Like many on here, I have c&g 2360 1,2 and C, AM1&2 and the more recent 17th edition,
has anyone applied and got a sensible result recently?

I think you'll just get graded as an electrician with the tickets you've listed. But we are talking about the jib here so I think labourer is more realistic :)

I'm searching through the threads looking to see which card I'm entitled to as a QS but can't find a definitive answer.
Like many on here, I have c&g 2360 1,2 and C, AM1&2 and the more recent 17th edition,
You will definately get your Approved Electricians grade card with those Qualifications. There is section in the new ECS/ JIB application form which allows a QS to have that printed on the reverse of the card. First step, ask the ECS/JIB to send you a application form, and go from there, you are definately qualified for an approved card with those C&Gs you have obtained.

- - - Updated - - -

u need nvq 3 so you will be graded as labourer or trainee
Nonsence, he has 236 parts 1 and 2 and AM1 and AM2 plus the C Certificatate and 17th, He will get approved status for sure.

by the sounds of it your quals predate NVQ, from what ive heard they may ask for a reference if you dont have a NVQ. You could also go for technician where they will definitely need a reference.

From the ECS Card requirements, to obtain a gold card one choice is:

Craft card Electrician (Gold Card)

Requirements are:
Apprenticeship Deeds or Completion Certificate

OR City and Guilds 2360 parts one and two

OR full 2351

OR 2330 Levels two and three AND NVQ Level 3 in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Installation – Buildings and Structures) (City and Guilds 2356),

OR Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical systems and equipment (Buildings, Structures and the environment) (City and Guilds 2357)

So it is very clear that if you have 2360 parts one and two you can get a gold card

Thanks guys. I'll see what happens. I've been running my own business for 20yrs now, so a reference wouldn't be straight forward...

the old threads I was reading were full of references to people being given trainee cards, but were old.....

Truth is, I can't really be arsed with it, but even a couple of my small builders are now beginning to ask for the card...

Just get the any card you can. It will only be asked for H&S reasons.

If you dont want it to say labourer or trainee on it just get a generic CSCS card.

NIC approved contractor is an accreditation status....not a qual.

Just my bad go at sarcasm there mate. Presume parts 1-2 are equivalent to NVQ just out dated version ?. Not sure what C is.
In the old days if you got your C Cert you could apply for your JIB card at 23 and would get it, without it you needed an employer to sign the form from the JIB saying you were competant to hold that grade, I know, I know, the old days, all has changed now I am aware of that, hope that answers the question fella, I was on the Iphone earlier and find it hard to type on that so limit my respnses, hense the limited reply.

contrary to earlier posts , you ( the OP) will recieve a standard electrician grade gold card.
back door entry without nvq L3 is still available for those originally trained before 1996 ( thanks Richo )
and if you supply a sponsorship letter from your employer , the JIB with stamp on the card your QS status & scheme membership.
however that badge only remains valid whilst in that job only.

all of which reminds me to get the NEW 2396 LEVEL 4 cert printed on my card**

attention whoreing now over. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Cscs card for NICEIC QS in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net