Discuss CSCS labourers card ... Employers details needed? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Passed my level 1 operatives test today and rang the citb to get my card.

Whilst on hold the voice over stated that I cannot get my card without having employer/ giving their details?

Decided to hang up and ask here before I go off on one!

Do I need to be employed before I can get a card? Doesn't make sense to me seeing that all the agencies won't take me on without one ?

Has anyone actually applied since they brought out the changes and gain employment? - I may just get a laborer card as i am stuck in the same position.

i went to get my cscs labourer card last year and glad to say i passed, but no you dont have to put down an employers details. well i didnt lol

Actually, you do.
It is a new requirement as of October 2017. Evidence of qualifications and proof of employment.
I too am in the middle of applying for an ECS card and have hit the same hurdle. I am self employed but will be doing a couple of days a week on site. No employer as such because I will be working for free to gain experience.
With regard to entering "self" on the application, I will contact ECS next week to clarify. Thanks for the heads-up.

Reply to CSCS labourers card ... Employers details needed? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have recently completed my HNC in electrical engineering at college and I am looking to get a job as an electricians mate. what do I need to...
Replies
Views
I’m stuck trying to get my ECS labourer card. I want to get one to help my chances of getting an electricians mate job. I have a CSCS card. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
So, I got a level 2-3 electrical installation diploma fresh out of college with no experience especially onsite. I was wondering whether working...
Replies
Views
I've got a 5 years experience along with.... 2365 l2 & l2 18th edition 2391 other stuff I won't bother listing. My question is since I'm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock