Discuss cu change for assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

growler

-
Arms
Reaction score
so guys i have completed a cu change for my Elecsa assessment on Wednesday. I have also added a garage radial circuit in conduit.
am i right in saying i only need to complete an EIC and that will cover all the work carried out ? Is it also compulsory to stick a label on the cu stating date/ next inspection date/ and CU CHANGE ONLY ? cheers !

Well you have an assessment on Wednesday................ Don't you think you should know the answers to these questions........... how can you pretend to be competent when you have to seek out the answers on an internet forum,.............. whoever trained you........... not personal by the way, just highlighting the lack of training in my industry.........

so guys i have completed a cu change for my Elecsa assessment on Wednesday. I have also added a garage radial circuit in conduit.
am i right in saying i only need to complete an EIC and that will cover all the work carried out ? Is it also compulsory to stick a label on the cu stating date/ next inspection date/ and CU CHANGE ONLY ? cheers !
Yep you need to do a EIC for the whole installation not just the garage.
make sure the earthings correct as this should be the 1st thing they look at.
label everything, rcd, mixed colours, last tested date, main earth(if tns), proper circuit chart fixed next to cu.
dont really agree with the cu change only note because if there's a problem with the existing install then I believe you should rectify after notifying customer. Pointless installing new cu and it constantly trips cos of unresolved fault. On the EIC you should state what install you have completed ie new cu and garage radial, upgrade earth system etc..
good luck I'm sure your be okay

I hope you torqued your terminals in the CU to the correct settings as they now check the settings to the manufacturers data on the assessment [ QUOTE=growler;778318]so guys i have completed a cu change for my Elecsa assessment on Wednesday. I have also added a garage radial circuit in conduit.
am i right in saying i only need to complete an EIC and that will cover all the work carried out ? Is it also compulsory to stick a label on the cu stating date/ next inspection date/ and CU CHANGE ONLY ? cheers ![/QUOTE]

i was just checking that i didnt need a seperate minor works for the garage circuit. Yeah your right by the way the last 14 years on the tools taught me naff all. all down to this forum in the last year.

i was just checking that i didnt need a seperate minor works for the garage circuit. Yeah your right by the way the last 14 years on the tools taught me naff all. all down to this forum in the last year.

You need EIC for new circuits not minor works

Yep you need to do a EIC for the whole installation not just the garage.
make sure the earthings correct as this should be the 1st thing they look at.
label everything, rcd, mixed colours, last tested date, main earth(if tns), proper circuit chart fixed next to cu.
dont really agree with the cu change only note because if there's a problem with the existing install then I believe you should rectify after notifying customer. Pointless installing new cu and it constantly trips cos of unresolved fault. On the EIC you should state what install you have completed ie new cu and garage radial, upgrade earth system etc..
good luck I'm sure your be okay
should`v been the first thing he looked at n all....thats before any board change took place....
this would be a visual + Ze...

I hope you torqued your terminals in the CU to the correct settings as they now check the settings to the manufacturers data on the assessment [ QUOTE=growler;778318]so guys i have completed a cu change for my Elecsa assessment on Wednesday. I have also added a garage radial circuit in conduit.
[/QUOTE]this sounds like nonsense fella....
at the end of the day you should be able to `feel` the amount of torque your applying to a fastener/terminal....
its how engineers have done it for years...
and before anyone starts going on about stranded cables...well a torque driver wont help you cause here either....as its the settling of the strands that causes them to come loose....and by tightening, manipulating the cable and then re-tightening....you will get round this....

Just thought I'd start the torque screwdriver debate and throw it in the mix for the assessment not that I've ever needed 1 lol

Unfortunately torque drivers may become another stupid hoop that electricians will have to jump through in the future.

There is regulation for sense and safety, then there is over-regulation to satisfy a load of theoretical carp that is dreampt up by over zealous types in shirts and ties.

Torque settings are firmly in the over-regulatiion camp in my view. Or it possibly the case it is a legal get-out for manufacturers, again dreampt up by rich shirt and tie wearers......I love lawyers!

Out of curiosity does anyone have a torque driver? If so, does it tighten more or less than you would otherwise tighten by hand? I am guessing less.

Reply to cu change for assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock