Discuss Culina track lighting, anybody used it? From LEDHUT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

The Ghost

I recieved Culina track lighting today and don't feel it is safe to install. I have shown the manufacturers instructions with a detail from the page which seems to only refer to the track lighting. Not the light fittings that I ordered. As you can see from pics the bulb holder is floating around in the fitting. If you put the bulb in, the force required to push it down to get the ring in to secure it is such that I am worried about the cable supplying the light becoming damaged due to compression.
In the instructions (esp. detail) there does not appear to be provision for earth and this is a metallic fitting. I am worried that the person whom I am installing it for will not be able to change the bulb, and that a floating bulb holder will present hazards which are potentially dangerous. Although this is CE marked I am not confident it meets thoses standards or BS7671
Am I being unreasonable or duly diligent???
All observations and opinion welcome so long as they are nice and agree with me;)
Edit: I can accept that third screw may be an earth but it does not say that.

View attachment 36030

View attachment 36031

View attachment 36032

View attachment 36033

View attachment 36034

View attachment 36035

View attachment 36036

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'd be tempted to get a scrap of cable on the end of that connector, connect it to the track and get one of the lights in place and check earth continuity from the CPC in the cable to the metal work of the fitting.

As for the tight fitting bulb holder, try a different lamp? I've noticed quite a bit of variation in the overall length of lamp bodies depending on make/model etc. But even in the pictures it looks a bit short on space and I would be concerned as well.

I don't think you're worrying about nothing, you're being diligent and doing your job.

Agree with above. I don't hold much faith in CE markings as nearly all of it is down to self certification and rarely needs alternative compliance confirmation.

Reply to Culina track lighting, anybody used it? From LEDHUT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net