Discuss Customer "Can you give me a quote?" in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

imago

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Me "Certainly. What do you need doing?"

Customer "A cooker point installed."

"OK. I'll drop by on my way home and have a look."

Arrive at customer's house to find that there is an empty room which will be the kitchen when its been installed.

"So, where abouts will the cooker be?"

"I don't know really, we're waiting on the kitchen designer to tell us."

"Hmm, OK. What type of oven and hob are you having fitted?"

"Gas."

"Extractor then?"

"No. I don't want one, I think they're ugly."

"Are you taking the ****?"

"What do you mean?"

"I'm an electrician, you need a gas fitter."

"But it's a cooker?"

"Gas?"

"Yes."

Tonight's conversation which lead me to believe there should be a compulsory IQ test for anyone intending to breed.

yeah well we`v just finished at some back to front gits house the other day....we didn`t know the cooker position until the last minute...so we ended up leaving a right old coil of cable for it.....ended loppin about 5 meters off it in the end......so we`v got a 5 meter end fit for nowt....just a waste of cable (and time)...there were other stuff there n all......but the customers always right...lol....

The customer is always right.

Misinformed, clueless, totally benighted.

BUT always right! (If the price is right).

Last edited by a moderator:
haha cracked me up, best i had was being called to job with no power. i asked when they called if it could be a power cut they said nope. i get there and yup whole area is down, i pointed this out and they said the solar garden lights are still on!!!

emergency evening call out to a student let house by a letting agency, students returned hoe after xmas hols to find no power. I get there and what do i find? no main fuse, they hadnt been paying their bills had been cut off! easiest call out fee i ever charged!

I'd never admit to that!
i thought it was funny though...watchin em waddling down them stairs thinking about how they were goin to get a chance to go for the holiday......or the speedboat..lol.....back in the days of leslie crowther of course....not the helium head that it came back with....

Reply to Customer "Can you give me a quote?" in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net