Discuss Customer finance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GSD77

As a new MCS company trying to get work we have just had a meeting with a finance company rep offering us a 2 year contract to put a link on our website to give customers the option of paying for a system on finance in return they will then give us 1% of the total finance the customer has signed up for.
He said that this was what a lot of pv companys were doing and were getting a lot of work, is this true and what are your thoughts.

Thanks

I've dealt a lot with consumer finance before and it can be tricky, primarily because you want to control the process, just send them elsewhere and who knows what else that company will promote.

I've dealt with Hitachi, Clydesdale (now Barclays Personal Finance) and a few others, happy to check them out for you, - which company is it?

This could work out well when the Green Deal finance comes in next year as that is likely to have a top end limit on it.

PM me if you like

You'd need a consumer credit licence right away - even just for the linking because that gives the impression you are recommending them. You are in that case acting as a broker.

It's worth investigating more closely, as finance is probably a necessity to a lot of likely customers - but also, worth taking the offer you have to some of the bigger finance houses (and your own bank) and asking them what sort of deal they can do too.

Reply to Customer finance in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
If you search the internet for PCB manufacturing, you will find many companies, houses, and fabs that offer cheap PCB manufacturing and...
Replies
Views
Bit of a rant first to explain the situation:- Effing builders again, I knew there was a reason we hardly ever work for them. We've done a few...
Replies
Views
This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
I got a TEXT message (i dont know them and i cant find out who they are from the phone number) "Hi speaking from Indeed Are you available to give...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I’m hoping for some advice. I currently run a small limited company that provides IT services, both commercial and domestic so I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock