Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Customer is asking for hob to be fired up and put on the cert? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. calpol91

calpol91 Electrician's Arms

ive just had a text from my customer which follows:

Cal, you need to power up the hob mate, first thing in the morning, its part of your remit, should be on the cert, see you there.

Weve just finished a full rewire there, all tested, all good and passed, hob working, (its electric FYI) certs handed over. i dont quite understand what hes asking me to do, SHOULD i have written on the cert that the hob fires up ok? ive never had anyone ask for this before....

it is an insurance job so maybe its for that??

the bloke chatters rubbish half the time anyway but hes the man i get my money off so i need to make sure hes happy after all.....

*EDIT*

I best mention that the hob was on the certificate lol

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Have you been paid? if so, politely ask you why he needs you.... if not you better go!

• Like Like x 1
  3. calpol91

No not yet....

only finished the job yesterday.

i need to go anyway to drop key off but when he asked for this i kind of looked at the text with a rather blank expression?!

4. MDJ

MDJ Guest

I didn't realise connecting up appliances was part of the schedule of results sheet, I thought we were only responsible for actual circuits, perhaps you are responsible for kettles, fridges and microwaves as well haha

• Like Like x 2
  5. calpol91

thats why im here haha... I thought the same...

best drag my pat tester out while im there....

• Like Like x 1
  6. monkeyelectric

monkeyelectric Electrician's Arms

Who supplied the hob? I wouldn't put it on the cert but if you supplied it and it all works ok maybe just put it on the invoice, sounds like a strange thing to ask though, i would say your remit ends at the end of the circuit

• Like Like x 1
  7. robsparky1975

robsparky1975 Trusted Advisor

If it speeds up payment for you then get it done and put on cert hob tested and functioning correctly,job done payment in due course,some clients do come out with blurb but keeping them happy= quicker payment,then no arguments,all happy

8. calpol91

hob came with kitchen i think. I didnt get it anyway. the only thing i can think of what he might be on about is if ive put cooker on the cert instead of hob *school boy error*

i cant be bothered going to the van to find the copy though, its cold out....

I doubt i did tho i triple checked all was good on it, hes a scary customer when things arent right so id of noticed that ha........

OH WELL.....

9. MDJ

MDJ Guest

hey rob, purely out of interest fella, where would cal put on the completion certificate he connected up a hob to the newley installed circuit and it was tested as okay and safe to use?

10. calpol91

also my next question lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. ipf

ipf Trusted Advisor

Additional notes?

12. Guest55

Guest55 Guest

You dont.
    a cert contains details only relating to the final circuits and its purpose / destination.
    who actually supplied the hob is neither here nor there , if the circuit checks out ok then by default the equipment can be connected and energized , nothing else needs to be recorded.
    Dont for 1 second be harrased by the customer as to what gets written on the cert , your the professional not him.

• Like Like x 8
  13. MDJ

MDJ Guest

yup we know that Biff, just having a laugh about it fella.

- - - Updated - - -

thats for notes about the installation on a periodic or whatever it is called these days, not for explanations about connected appliances surely.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Guest55

Guest55 Guest

i didnt say it for your benefit.
    ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  15. monkeyelectric

monkeyelectric Electrician's Arms

I would say who supplied it counts, if i supply goods and fittings and when energised they don't work its my problem and a reason not to get paid but if the customer has supplied something and it don't work thats their problem, you still get paid because you've done your job and installed it for them