Discuss customer no payments after 2 years in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

marc8

-
Reaction score
hi all

just after some advice for me & customer, installing immersun today through another company for someone i know.

firstly 2 years ago 6 panel system fitted, no payments at all. found that BG have had papperwork but wrong post code
so no payments over 2000 units on meter.

company now does not exist anymore & they has put down wrong postcode on job therefore no FITS.

late last year had 10 panels added to roof, company fed into same solar meter.

problem BG no that they have 6 panels on one meter at another rate. next problem the other panels need a new meter at the new rate again company does not exsit.

as they are freinds of mine would there be an issue to do all papper work for job re register job for FIT payment as it is now?

other problem solar company that installed it has not put any board behind set up straight onto brickwork & run the DC cabling in trunk with the AC supply cable. (i suppose not to much of an issue i can just remove all & do again).

anyone know how i would stand with MCS & also if i could get him the higher rate for the orignal install (i think not on the payment but maybe worth a try)??

any help would be appreciated.

OJL's post aside (because it makes no sense at all)

So this mate had a 6 panel system put up and the installer went bust. Then they added another ten panels and the installer went bust.
Are you sure these installers ever existed?
Forgive my cynicism, I'm a Geordie

What a mess that all is! I think best thing is to consolidate as a single installation and issue MCS cert as of now as a new install with a new total generation meter. And don't use BG as FIT provider, you can use anyone you like. They will take a big hit on FIT rate, but as it is they are not gonna get anything.

yes am looking into that now just putting new gen meter & starting from scratch issue invoice for zero materials just labour to fix. i think that company is one in the same in other words they done both installs.
this is twice i have come across problems with this companies work. seems this company likes to change directors every now & then like the company has been sold. twice in a month both customers same firm, ring the 0800 number does not work, they rang local office when a girl there said that they were that firm but under new managment & slighlty different name when mentioned about problem started to back track that it was a new firm. I think it stinks

There should be no need to recertify, it's just an error on the MCS Certificate, what really matters is the MPAN, this can be cleared up, though why the owner let it go for two years ....

Speak to MCS and explain the issues - they respond well to emails (well in about 48 hours) not so good on the phone!

Reply to customer no payments after 2 years in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net