Discuss customer relations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pete555

ive been working in an office today when i had a flash back

this thread is not electrical but for your information

i was explaining to my apprentice about something when i happened to say as a rule of thumb I WAS IMMEDIATLY confronted by a woman saying that i could not say that satement

(Flash back) while working for a local council i was sent on a equel oppertunity course and a race relations/political correctness course
the lady taking the course informed us that
1) rule of thumb could not be said as it refferred to an old law (may still be in use) which allowed a man to beat is wife with a stick as long as it was no thicker than is thumb
2) Nitty Gritty could not be said as this was an old slave term which when the slaves were took of the ships the women were systamatically raped to start a breeding program and when they got down to the bottom of the ship were all the crap from above had been dropped the slave traders would say lets get down to the nitty gritty (this is what we were told)
3) my favourite Vacarious liability this means that if you are sat having a conversation with someone say about football and the person/s sat next to you can hear you but don,t like football you can be reported for vacarious liability

BE CAREFULL WHAT YOU SAY

that is just an example of how mad and stupid political correctness has become. these sad muppets need to be shown the real world and made to get a life.

Anyone can say what he /she wants to say.
The people that don't want to hear it don't have to listen, if it's not being said directly to them.

Vicarous liablity results from when a person becomes liable for an offence and his employer/ supervisor or someone who otherwise had control over the first persons actions can also be actioned for the same offence.
It doesn't apply to casual public conversations.

I'm terribly sorry to have to say this old chap but "what a complete load of b0ll0ck5". There's still a thing in this country, just about, called freedom of speech which sort of means that political daftness can disappear up it's own rectum in a cloud of common sense.

quote "what a complete load of b0ll0ck5".

I don't know about that

There is freedom of speech,but it's freedom to speak what is permitted
As far as I can tell,you must not offend the human rights guys or sex and racial equality fanatics, and woe betide.make sure you don't offend religious nuts who speak of destroying the way of life of the country

Other than those couple of million souls you should be fine
icon7.png

Meh, say what you think so long as you're prepared to argue the reasons behind what you said. Too many minorities seem to have control of what can and can't be done so we're now told to be scared to say what we feel for risk of hurting their frail sensibilities. Like I said, b0ll0ck5. I think it was Bernard Manning, for all his faults once said "If you don't want anyone to take the p155 out of you, don't get up in the morning".

argue that rule of thumb also means that the distance from the joint of the thumb to the tip is approximately 1"
Language and the meaning of words changes over time. It all depends on context.

As a rule of thumb, if you have to work hard to find a reason to be offended by something its not offensive.

I would have been tempted to ask if go forth and multiply was also politically incorrect.

Reply to customer relations in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net