Discuss Customer service from City Electrical Factors in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The Ghost

Just had a phone call.
HELLO!
I wait
ARE YOU THERE!
Who is this? say I
I CANT TELL YOU WHO I AM I HAVE A SECRET CRUSH ON YOU
Put the phone down
Check the internet for who the number is, it is CEF. Call them and someone answers and like me finds it very weird. They say they will ask technical department tomorrow and update me as to how that call came from their number as there is no record on their phone history.
Sounded like a computer generated voice (bit like a cross between Rod Emu and Frank Spencer) Not the kind of voice you would like to have a crush on you. Anyone else had anything similar?
At least my posts are original and fresh!

I have never had the blokes at CEF in Bath have a crush on me, its hard enough to get them motivated to pick the order quickly and smile, let alone chat me up... I find the staff in screwfix much better fun and more cheerful, they have half decent free coffee at moment too:). Why did you hang up though? I would have played along for the fun of it and wound them up. afterall its their expense if they are phoning you...

You'll probably find its one of them prank call things, i had one a few months back telling me i had been caught speeding or other such nonsense... From what i understand you can enter the number that the call goes to and appears from. Not sure how the technicalities work or the costs involved - must be some sort of computer switching system?? but my call appeared from the local housing association!
I only knew the number as it came up on caller ID as i have number stored as i rent a parking space off them in Bath.

we used to get a lot of phone calls supposedly from Microsoft.
My wife was good with these, she would put on a posh voice and say"oh my goodness, there's a virus on my my computer? Can you wait on the phone as my computer is in the west wing?" So she'd keep them on the phone several minutes, then say "I'm back now....oh hang on Richard Branson is ringing my mobile, can you ring me back?"
Sure enough they rang back, this time my wife answered in an east European voice "hello I'm maid, madam cannot come to phone now , you phone later please! " then hang up.
I was creased up laughing !

I only use CEF when I have to... the last 2 occassions I asked for a price, when I challanged them, they dropped the prices by about 18% - and they want my business???

.... Not sure how the technicalities work or the costs involved - must be some sort of computer switching system?? but my call appeared from the local housing association!
I only knew the number as it came up on caller ID as i have number stored as i rent a parking space off them in Bath.

I had pondered if Skype systems got hacked ,who funded final call, (business accounts have money to pay for calls )
Googling how stuff like this happens , will probably end up with depressing dark web stuff !

Cheers Volitgern , thats quite an unexpected distraction !
My parents normally get the "Your computer/virus call.."

I got a funny call like that, hung up.

I don’t use cef though. Too dear for my liking.
When my apprenticeship ended I moved to Matthew Hall and was working on a site in the City, there was a sparks who was a bit of a ----head and I found out that he met his future wife when she phoned him anonymously whilst drunk and proceeded with a dirty phone call.

@Vortigen, will we get invited to the wedding?

Just had a phone call.
HELLO!
I wait
ARE YOU THERE!
Who is this? say I
I CANT TELL YOU WHO I AM I HAVE A SECRET CRUSH ON YOU
Put the phone down
Check the internet for who the number is, it is CEF. Call them and someone answers and like me finds it very weird. They say they will ask technical department tomorrow and update me as to how that call came from their number as there is no record on their phone history.
Sounded like a computer generated voice (bit like a cross between Rod Emu and Frank Spencer) Not the kind of voice you would like to have a crush on you. Anyone else had anything similar?
At least my posts are original and fresh!

Ok, seeing that the ball is rolling now.... I've had a crush on you for quite a bit.... :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Bit difficult that one, @Spoon is making a play for me, catch me ladies I'm in the cavalry! Although frankly I can understand this rash of crushes on a handsome feller like meself. However I am spoken for...

I'll just carry on stalking you then... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

It’s their new marketing strategy against competition from YESS
‘Customer Encouraged Flirting’

No different to seeing a prostitute. At the end of the transaction you always feel ripped off (allegedly)!

Reply to Customer service from City Electrical Factors in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock