Discuss customer stupidity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gavin.sibley

Didn't think I would be turning a job down all too often, but this just takes the biscuit! I know they say A jobs a job but I like to have a certain standard to my name!

Got asked too install spotlights in a new kitchen, when I said ok floor above will have too be lifted to allow routing of cables, homeowner genuinely wanted me too just pin the cables too the ceiling! I bet that would look gorgeous ;)

Don't think you are exclusive to customers like that.

went to look at a job once a couple of extra sockets needed, explained to customer need to take up floor and channel or use mini trunking.

Oh no customer thought you just screwed socket to wall and they worked like magic no cable etc.

Never did hear from them again for some reason.

Hey I dont know what the problem is, if you can convince people that clipped direct is the fashion and its how the Queen has all her lights done, saves on chasing, stitching and lifting floor boards.

I don't like turning work down, but I'll be honest, I turn down probably 2 - 3 jobs a week because the people who call, well I just don't like doing work for them as they never want to pay and expect everything for nothing. I'm getting sick of it to be honest, I'm like yeah, I don't cover that area, customer says, why? I say erm... 10 miles is too far, sorry.

Didn't think I would be turning a job down all too often, but this just takes the biscuit! I know they say A jobs a job but I like to have a certain standard to my name!

Got asked too install spotlights in a new kitchen, when I said ok floor above will have too be lifted to allow routing of cables, homeowner genuinely wanted me too just pin the cables too the ceiling! I bet that would look gorgeous ;)

At least you wouldn't have to worry about pesky RCDs!

Now I do rather like the industrial look in a home. I could go for the bare brick/steel conduit in my living room I reckon. Dunno how quick the novelty factor would wear off though :D

I have exposed copper conduit at home, it looks fine although I'm sure it's not everybody's cup of tea.

I have exposed copper conduit at home, it looks fine although I'm sure it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Please don't tell me that you run separate CPC's in that copper conduit?? lol!!

The Houses of Parliament uses a copper conduit containment systems, using bronze alloy conduit boxes. The plant and electrical rooms that i've seen, look like a work of art in it's own right. Amazing what can be achieved when money is no object!!

Very true it must have cost a fortune!! But at least it's been built to last, and last it will!! The Zs values must be out of this world too!! lol!!

Ohh yes, money no object there. I've heard about some of the flats they use, wallpaper with......wait......

gold leaf in it.

WALLPAPER

Doing downlighters from above, ha, never happens unless new build.... get fishing rods out and wear a hat.

Reply to customer stupidity in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net