Discuss Customers - aaaaagh! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

At the end of a very long and successful week why is it one narky customer can spoil everything!

We confirmed 4 jobs and have another 3/4 in the pipeline all our customers are telling us that we're going the extra mile that's why we're getting the business and everything is rosy until Friday afternoon. One of our customers came to have a look at our system and bring their deposit, they spent a bit of time with us, everyone was happy and at 4.15 we re-confirmed our afternoon appointment (had already spoken to them at lunchtime to confirm we would be with them as soon as our customers had left) only managed to get 3 words out before I was told we were rude and discourteous for not turning up on time and then she hung up.

Of course I called back saying I think we must have been cut off - to get another tirade about how unprofessional we were. Now we're booked out until December and didn't want the job but felt we should do the courtesy of at least visiting.

Even now I'm fuming about it and am struggling to remember all the good stuff this week :-(

could be a lucky escape.she could be one of those who nit picks every stage of the job and would give you grief anyway.

Some people take offence very easily even when you are doing your best to please.
Really, do not take it to heart, you know that you are providing a good service.
Do remember the good bits and do not let one (and only one) incident take this down.

@SRE

Don't worry about it, as Richard and telectrix say, this was probably a lucky escape and would be on your tail every minute, Then she'd complain that she missed a day's sun because the rain at the ealry part of the week delayed the job and now it's sunny and it isn't finished etc etc etc.

We are all entitled to a BMW moment every now and again...

(Bitch Moan Whine ! -- BMW) :banghead:

chances are they won't have the job done at all, for reasons known only to them, but would like to justify their second thoughts by blaming someone else. you just happened to be the easy target! whenever that kind of thing happwns to me, it ALWAYS turns out to be the best outcome for me. sometimes i just have to be patient to see it!

sounds like a lucky escape...........................life without customers would be easier!!!! poorer but easier :2guns:

I got told on the phone by a referral contact to "re-look your diary my man and consider the fact if you want my business then you'd better chop chop, I will leave that with you my man"

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually stick it my man!

Like you fuming at the time but laughable now.

I think lucky escape and good luck to who ever is installing that one. Move on and shrug it off. You may give 100% but that doesn't mean you will get it back.

I got told on the phone by a referral contact to "re-look your diary my man and consider the fact if you want my business then you'd better chop chop, I will leave that with you my man"

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually stick it my man!

Love it my man - funny as

At the end of a very long and successful week why is it one narky customer can spoil everything!

We confirmed 4 jobs and have another 3/4 in the pipeline all our customers are telling us that we're going the extra mile that's why we're getting the business and everything is rosy until Friday afternoon. One of our customers came to have a look at our system and bring their deposit, they spent a bit of time with us, everyone was happy and at 4.15 we re-confirmed our afternoon appointment (had already spoken to them at lunchtime to confirm we would be with them as soon as our customers had left) only managed to get 3 words out before I was told we were rude and discourteous for not turning up on time and then she hung up.

Of course I called back saying I think we must have been cut off - to get another tirade about how unprofessional we were. Now we're booked out until December and didn't want the job but felt we should do the courtesy of at least visiting.

Even now I'm fuming about it and am struggling to remember all the good stuff this week :-(

Your just loosing your touch arent you?? - idiots, honestly ive had it in the past.

a few months ago, i had a lead off rated people.com. because they had fed me rubbish for a couple of weeks, i quoted £850 for a CU change and shower circuit. the customer bit my hand off, as he'd had 2 prior quotes, both over £1000

Reply to Customers - aaaaagh! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net