Discuss customers clean toilets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I remember doing an EICR for an old lady who was selling her house. She asked if I'd like a cup of tea, so I said yes please and went to work. The tea was taking a while but eventually she shouts upstairs that it's ready, so I go down and she has set the table, made sandwiches, put out cakes and biscuits and a large pot of tea!

It used to be like that this side of the Tyne too. Hospitality is still good , but mainly died with the mining community.

Generally all the old dears in my patch are lovely to work for, always plenty of tea on the go and they try to feed you cakes and biscuits.
Its a sly cunning plan to soften you up, its part of the Help The Age'd advice strategy "how to soften workers up for a discount" do they show you photos of their divorced daughters with the promise of something "speshal" on offer?

If the house is dirty I too refuse the offer.
Always careful of biscuits though especially if the customer is elderly.
When i was an apprentice I watched my mate eat a handful of biscuits invested with weevils, greedy bloke eat about 5 I couldn't tell him as the old girl was chatting to him.
I found it funny, but it put me off.

what's wrong with weevils. crunchy, a bit like overcooked bacon.

what's wrong with weevils. crunchy
10013011_0_640x640.jpg
not like these then. :rolleyes:

We always carry kettle (Electric & Gas), bottled water, mugs & tea paraphernalia so that, should we hit a “dry spell”, we are ok.
Most houses are ok and both ends (tea in & out) are catered for acceptably, but a couple we go to you need to wipe your feet on the way out. Fortunately, they rarely offer anything in the way of refreshments....

I leave the house every day with my travel mug full of coffee ... so if I am offered a drink, and there is any doubt about the cleanliness, I ask if they will do a refill for me...

We always carry kettle (Electric & Gas), bottled water, mugs & tea paraphernalia ....
This reminds me of when I was an apprentice an old dear asked if I'd like a cup of tea. I said yes please so she boiled the kettle, put the hot water in a cup and then she asked me for my tea bag. I thought it was really weird and was a bit confused, I told her I was in such a rush that morning that I'd forgotten to bring them with me and she said that just this once I could have one of hers....like she was doing me some enormous favour. Reading your post I'm wondering if it's the norm that contractors are expected to provide their own tea sundries....

When I used to deliver machines to fish and chip shops, it wasn't unusual to be offered a meal, or at least a bag of chips. At some establishments, strangely enough - often the ones with the flashy front shop - it would be 'no thanks - I already ate'.

One memorable place, the owner asked me what would I like. "Fish and chips would be nice," say I. He serves them up and then asks for the money...:)

I guess I musn't grumble really at some of the perks I've enjoyed through my years doing rock n roll sparkying - everything from groupies to champagne and lobster. Often the champagne would taste nicer than the groupy so it's a mixed bag :tearsofjoy:

I guess I musn't grumble really at some of the perks I've enjoyed through my years doing rock n roll sparkying - everything from groupies to champagne and lobster. Often the champagne would taste nicer than the groupy so it's a mixed bag :tearsofjoy:

It's never good to get an unexpected fish course

It's never good to get an unexpected fish course

Yeah, you see the difference between youth and experience is that youth just goes "----!!" whereas experience knows that they've been attached to something sweating profusely in the mosh pit for six hours after spending hours in a queue not wanting to leave their place for a pee break. There's more than one reason that soggy knickers get thrown onto a stage!!

Reply to customers clean toilets in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net