Discuss Customers! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

SRE

We're know for being patient, courteous and have great customer care but I'm finding myself getting ever so slightly exasperated.

It's killing us to get panels, inverters, deliveries, subbies to forego some of their other work to help us out. We've turned down loads of customers to keep our existing customers happy, just for some of them to complain about getting 245w Sanyo instead of 250w, wanting guarantees that the Fit will be accepted, that we will be able to install on time (the job is planned for mid November)- what happens if it snows is the latest query!

Now forgive me if I'm being a bit self indulgent or as someone on another forum said greedy and self motivated but we don't think we'll have a viable business after mid December, we've cancelled our long awaited trip to San Francisco and postponed surgery to get these sodding panels installed - maybe they want blood too :2guns:

Am I ungrateful!!!

Well I am a Customer due for install 21/22 Nov !! Had to change panel from Sanyo to Samsung and really hoping to get a Solar Edge inverter !!

Just spent most of the morning filling in DECC Consultation questionnaire and written to my MP (1st time ever)saying what a mess the announcement has made and the future proposals will kill the industry !!

Having spent 4 weeks dealing with lots of people trying to sort out a difficult site !! I thought it was the least I could do !!

Maybe the Customers are the unappreciated one sometimes !!!

Thanks Dave - most of our customers are like you - but it's been such a bad week all you remember are the more difficult ones and tbh in normal circumstances we wouldn't be calling them awkward - but sleep deprivation is a form of torture you know ....

Now there's a thought - can we sue greg barker on human rights grounds? It seems to cover everything else!!

Good luck with your install.

same here, due an op next week, had to cancel it!!
I am including a clause in our contract that it is the customers responsibility to get the paperwork in on time and accurate and we are not liable for the level of FiTs the government chooses to pay.

Postponed surgery? Not that old solar fitters problem !!uve dropped ur balls!! Look on bright side u be able to go private:0

Reply to Customers! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net