Discuss Cyp cat 5 cable problem in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ses

-
Reaction score
Hello
I have a customer that has a CYP 1H2HBTE system
With a sky plus hd box

The system has two tv sets in different rooms

I was asked to check the cat5e rj45 connections between the transmitter and receiver for the lounge and the connector seemed a bit loose so i said i would put new rj45 plugs on the ends

However once done this stopped working completely

I spent 5 hours with 3 types of RJ45 cat5e plugs and 3 sets of crimping tools trying to get this to work again but to no avail

Ive used my cat 5 tester to check my connections and all ok

I purchased a pre made cat 6 patch cable and it all works again

The cat 5 rj45 plugs seem loose when connected to the equipment
The cat 6 patch lead is nice and tight when fitted so i can only think my connectors are too small or not making contact properly

Can someone help me im a bit out of my depth now

Can cat6 rj45 connectors be slightly bigger externally?

Is there a special rj45 for this equipment

Help

Im going to buy a 1meter patch lead tomorrow
Chop it in half and join it to my cat 5e cable via bt crimps
If that works i know its the connectors i was using

Well the existing cable was fine before i messed with it
The problem was that the infa red receiver thing had got wedged under the sky box so couldnt communicate

I didnt realise this i thought it was the rj45 connectors that were dodgy hence how i started getting myself in this mess

Reply to Cyp cat 5 cable problem in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock