Discuss Dado trunking feeds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lee85

Hi chaps.
What are the permitted zones for concealed wiring feeding Dado trunking?
I am doing a small class room extension and the architect wants the pvc conduits that drop down from the suspended ceiling to feed the Dado concealed in the stud wall. Is this permitted?
Cheers

Lee

Zoning is the same as any other situation but caution here as the trunking is surface mount you shouldn't apply vertical zoning to the socket as its positioning isn't fixed a trunking corner drop or mid drop is best in the same trunking used for the DADO this allows data cables etc to be wired in too, if you wish to do as the Architect asks then IMHO it will require mech' protection if <50mm.
I always design the drop by the door which allows light switch to be fitted within the trunking.

I suspect others may disagree as this is my personal practice as i see a conflict where dado trunking is used and vertical zoning, the trunking allows for flexibility and repositioning which often happens so always best to avoid out of zone issues arising.

Hi chaps.
What are the permitted zones for concealed wiring feeding Dado trunking?
I am doing a small class room extension and the architect wants the pvc conduits that drop down from the suspended ceiling to feed the Dado concealed in the stud wall. Is this permitted?
Cheers

Lee

Of course it's permitted!!
Just take the precautions and suggestions that darkwood pointed out...

agreed. much better to put the drops in trunking. tell the archydick to stick to the drawing board and accept your expert advice on safe cable routeing.

Conduit drops in stud wall is ok make sure that you have enough drops for the amount of data and mains cables. Separate drops of course. I allow 6 utp cat 5e cables per 25mm conduit. The reason for the conduit drops is that the customer or architect only want horizontal dado runs not vertical as they think it is not esthetically pleasing and leaves maximum wall space.

Reply to Dado trunking feeds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net