Discuss Damaged flex on hoovers etc in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Andy5678

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got a couple of flexes that need repaired. Last time I changed one on a hoover it was a right pain.

I am thinking of using one of thsese Duraplug LCP103B 10a 3 Pin 2 Part Black Cable Flex Lead Connector - Edwardes - https://www.edwardes.co.uk/en/products/duraplug-lcp103b-10a-3-pin-2-part-black-cable-flex-lead-connector?utm_medium=google_shopping&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn5Of2pfn3QIVw-R3Ch1Xkw1gEAkYASABEgJE5_D_BwE

Would attach near to the casing then new flex out from there. Then if damaged again it can be repaired easily next time.

Will need PAT tested afterwards. The only thing i can see going against it is that it might not meet manufactures instructions. But these are not available. Or am I looking to far into something that’s not an issue?

thought you still used these in Scotland::D:D:D.
21QhUTjKXQL.jpg

I used to repair them, give your customer the option of a quick repair or a proper cable replacement, I dare say the manufactures warranty would have run out so as long as your repair does not impede on the use of the product or create any cause for concern safety wise then there is nothing wrong as long as it is strong and durable as the flex can be yanked when it runs out of length or gets caught under furniture... you don't want a live joint pulling apart.

PS - if you go for the inline plug socket option at least it should just pull apart safely if it gets yanked hard.

The uprights you could fit a 13A flex connector near the appliance and cable tie in place. Does the cord retract on the cylinder.

Reply to Damaged flex on hoovers etc in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net