Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Danger notice?

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum' started by Rappid, Feb 20, 2012.

Discuss Danger notice? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Rappid

Rappid Electrician's Arms

Got a call from a customer, electrician has condemmed the electrics and they wanted a second opinion.
    Got on site and apparently there was a fault on the lighting circuit, the electrician they called out said it was dangerous and unscrewed all the light fittings and and just snipped the wires leaving bare cables poking out of the ceiling.
    He left saying that they will sent them a quote for a rewire and the work that needed to be done.
    As all the light fittings has been cut off I am unable to test the lighting circuit for the fault.
    Personally I would just disconnect the lighting circuit from the CU and remove the fuse wire as it's rewireable fuse.
    I haven't been in this game long and I've never issued a danger notice, but isn't this a bit extreme??
    What would be the best way to condem the electrics?

• Like Like x 1
  2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    the guy wants locking up. the customer should sue him. he has no right to sabotage the customer's installation in that way, touting for work. remove the fuse, yes. then it's up to the customer to decide whether or not to refit it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. trev

trev Regular EF Member

You couldn't make this up,

4. D80

D80 Guest

Unreal!! Bordering on criminal damage that is!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rappid

Rappid Electrician's Arms

I've put in my price for a rewire but this company is going in at a silly price, customer said about £1000 for CU and rewire but that could also be the customer trying to blagg it. It's a 3 bed house.

6. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

I wouldve called the police as he was cutting them fittings down, He has no right to do that and that in my opinion is definately criminal damage, it's bullying and scaremongering on the upmost level.
    So have they still got his number? please tell me it wasnt just a mobile?? and who is he registered with??

• Like Like x 1
  7. trev

trev Regular EF Member

1000 for a 3 bed house rewire?
    This is getting better and better

8. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

Tell her to report the ****er to the police for criminal damage

• Like Like x 1
  9. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

£1000 for rewire? sounds like a right load of b*****X, bet they just through crimp the cables they cut off in the first place, this lot need reporting straight away

10. DurhamSparky

DurhamSparky Guest

bit harsh for having no CPC lol...!!

honestly i would walk away as no doubt the company will turn up pull some length back through the ceiling put new pendants on and bish bash bosh!

• Like Like x 2
  11. GLENNSPARK

GLENNSPARK Electrician's Arms

well that is exactly what this is...criminal damage....and has also left the homeowner/tennant/person ordering the test without the capacity to live (as the law would see it)......should be repremanded for this crap.....

12. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

I've heard of some dodgy goings on but this takes the biscuit, they need to be name and shamed, what was the outfit called?

13. sparkiegaz

sparkiegaz Guest

sounds pretty ****e thing to do,,

14. DurhamSparky

DurhamSparky Guest

please be Mr Electric... please be Mr Electric.....!! lol

• Like Like x 3
  15. GLENNSPARK

GLENNSPARK Electrician's Arms

a bit harsh??...its outragous more like......no CPC so what??....class 2s on affected circuit/s and note it n all.........we see this all the time in these renteds we get called to...no CPC on lighting finals that is.......you just cant condemn it out of hand......if continuity`s good..OK..if poor...then find the offending joint.......if IRs good....then alls well.......just drop the class 1s.......