Discuss data trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
i have been asked to install some basic white data trunking in an office at existing socket height . i plan to pull existing sockets through to front of data trunking, add a fused spur and then add another 2 sockets.

the run is only about 9 meters with 1 external corner, 2 internal corners and need to step it down about 4inches to go under window sills..

what kind of trunking will i be asking for in wholesalers and if you have any prefrences in what is easy to work with in steping down and buying the corners.

cheers .. i quoted 200 for the trunking am i going to get poo'd on here, my local wholesaler is part of electra centre if that helps ..

Sounds like you will need 2 compartment at least.
Just ask them what Dado trunking they have, they will then go through what they have.

Dont forget the dividing fillet to keep data and power cables separated.

Have a butchers on the TLC website and Meteors site to give yourself an idea.

should be in budget with £200 for 9m,tho when you get a spare 5 mins visit all the suppliers in your area get all the brochures you can with prices,you may end up with a big bite on your --- if you keep guessing on prices..

great advise mark burgess, got it all written down now. good job.

where i said i have to step it down 4 inches to go under window sill , there is a flat a angle piece which seems expensive for just turning a corner..

would i use two of these but cut too suit my four inch drop and carry on with run?? http://www.******************/Main_Index/Trunking_Pvc_Index/Dado_Trunking_SLC/index.html

in this drawing they have wrote bring lighting up to standard. the room is 7m x 5m . at present they have 6 x 5ft fitsgerald single tube fittings.

if i was to change to the antiglare 2 tube would this room end up being to bright???? = 6 fittings with 2 x 36W tubes each =12 x36

in this drawing they have wrote bring lighting up to standard. the room is 7m x 5m . at present they have 6 x 5ft fitsgerald single tube fittings.

if i was to change to the antiglare 2 tube would this room end up being to bright???? = 6 fittings with 2 x 36W tubes each =12 x36

What is the room used for? The lux levels will vary for different usage

If you do not want to do the lighting design yourself most electrical outlets do a free design for you, I have a couple of free lighting design programs that are a free download but it is easier to get someone else to do it for you.

exactly habitual. i have cave man method in college notes from last year and can be bothered...

and also habitual i want to align in exisiting 6 places as cables are here and are piped through concrete bison slab, if makes sense to ya

have you found originally that to step down data trunking the corners are expensive ris??

It's really going to be best to get the design sorted. I did an office once that had a spec'ed lux level and I just estimated what I thought, ended up a few areas fell short on the reading and bang, payment withheld until job was sorted and done to spec.

As said most manufactures will spec the room out for you and tell you how best to achieve the required lux to save you the hassle

Non of the trunking is what I would call cheap, the corners are expensive, possibly mitre your own? Also if dropping 4 inches the pre fab bends might not be the best as will male the drop a lot more than 4 inches if you get what I mean

Depends on the wholesaler tbh, I use a lighting design package and there are free ones of these available from some manufacturers, thorn lighting used to make one that was free

you dont need to x 1.8 if high frequency fitting, do you??? just when you dont know choke and starter values

Last edited:

Reply to data trunking in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock