Discuss Date of next inspection? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kelrich

Alright everyone
can someone please tell me the recommended date of the next inspection on a new domestic cu install is it 5 years? Ive looked in regs and onsite guide and cant seem to find it
thanks

GN3 Table 3.2

Maximum period between inspection and testing

Change of occupancy / 10 years

The frequency periodic inspection and testing must be determined taking into account:

1. the type of installation

2. its use and operation

3. the frequency and quality of maintenance

4. the external influences to which it is subjected.

^^^^^

As above,

If it is rented (private or otherwise) it falls under 'Residential' which the Maximum is 5 years, or change of tenant

Last edited:
I was under the impression that the inspector can state a re-inspection that they deem sensible. i.e. less than 10 years if the property is older!

Correct

note Maximum period

If the IR was 3M ohms then you would want to re-inspect sooner

GN3 Table 3.2

Maximum period between inspection and testing

Change of occupancy / 10 years

The frequency periodic inspection and testing must be determined taking into account:

1. the type of installation

2. its use and operation

3. the frequency and quality of maintenance

4. the external influences to which it is subjected.

Reply to Date of next inspection? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all. I have a small question about inspection interval labels. We all know to fit one of these labels with the relevant date upon completion of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had an eicr done in 2021and it passed with four C3 items. They recommend next test date to be in 3 years instead of 5 on the certificate...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am a fairly experienced electrician in both installation and maintenance in both domestic and commercial environments (5 years). I am...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock