Discuss Day works - How far would you go in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

a1guvner

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
A while back whilst carry out day works for a main contractor (small old school firm) boss man asks if we could bypass his meter on a TBS while he contructs a new build, of course declined to get implicated in this kind of work. but if he did manage to find someone to do this would it be on his head for organising/allowing itor the person doing the connection if they can find matey boy??????????????????

the answer is in 2 parts,1 tampering with supply equipment,an offence commited by whoever did it,and 2 dishonestly abstracting electricity,the boss if he uses the supply,thirdly a charge of witholding evidence could be brought if boss man refused to name person who did bypass.if for example he denied asking for the bypass the dno would argue that A he did not prevent it and B knowing an illegal act was taking place he used supply and did not inform them.ultimately if the equipment is on your premises the buck stops with you.A while back a mate of mine rented a house out and they grew cannabis,when they left they had damaged the service,cost my mate over a grand to have it replaced even though he hadn,t done the damage.

Reply to Day works - How far would you go in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Still bored, got thinking as I sipped my 1st cuppa of the day, do any of the older members remember ever getting bullies at work? well there were...
Replies
Views
M
Afternoon all, I've been lurking around these forums for a while now and thought it was the right time to make an account. I'm approaching a...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, wasn't sure if this should go in general forum or in business section so if a mod needs to move it, fair enough and sorry. Basically I'm...
Replies
Views
Hawkmoon
H
W
Hi all, would really appreciate some feedback to my mid life crisis, lol. i currently work as a technician on 11kV and Lv main circuits. My job...
Replies
Views
lauriehurman
L
O
Hi all, after a bit of advice regarding work experience. I have been offered the chance to shadow a guy and his lads on some domestic and...
Replies
Views
OllieNotts
O

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock