Discuss Decent LED Floods with or without PIR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 9648

Does anyone know of quality external LED floods/PIR floods in the 10-30w range that will last? Everything I fit I have to go back to. Our CEF used to supply Deluce, now Challenger. Lately it's no exaggeration to say I'm spending several hours a week going back to this crap at my own expense. Tried a Steinel unit on one job, it has a large square white front cover....4 months and the cover had split away from the frame and was full of water.
It's just not worth fitting these units with the comeback.

I've used quite a few Brackenheath, some with microwave sensors. They are pretty costly but great floods of various wattage. Never had a problem and a great range.

Thanks, I'll have a word about stocking some of the suggestions. Our CEF is getting peed off with all the returns so somethings got to happen.
Challenger floods are excellent
Sorry mate cant agree with that, I've recently replaced 4 failed Deluce PIR floods on one job with Challenger units, email this week to say two have ceased to function. Another wasted hour or so of unproductive graft to look forward to.

Timeguard - pricey, in my experience reliable and have 3 year warranties

Thanks, I'll have a word about stocking some of the suggestions. Our CEF is getting peed off with all the returns so somethings got to happen.

Sorry mate cant agree with that, I've recently replaced 4 failed Deluce PIR floods on one job with Challenger units, email this week to say two have ceased to function. Another wasted hour or so of unproductive graft to look forward to.

The challenger floods come with 5yrs warranty.
Ive fitted over 100 last year and not had one faulty, maybe i was lucky then. I never fit tje built on pir i always use a standalone.

The challenger floods come with 5yrs warranty.
Ive fitted over 100 last year and not had one faulty, maybe i was lucky then. I never fit tje built on pir i always use a standalone.
Indeed, it's the PIR versions that have been grief.
20 odd years ago I fitted a cheap....(I mean really cheap at the time)PIR at the outlaws house, it still works perfectly. So it can be done.

Over the last few years I bought a number of outside led floods with PIR from wholesaleledlights. Had a few Mirrorstone with no issues.

Reply to Decent LED Floods with or without PIR in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net