Discuss DECENT socket tester in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

had a metrel and a kewtech
kewtech now doesnt work atall completley dead metrel neons work but no audio , pretty new aswell :(

any good makes out ?
I use a MFT, much more efficient, I mean why use a 20 quid polarity tester when you own a 600 quid MFT?

I use a MFT, much more efficient, I mean why use a 20 quid polarity tester when you own a 600 quid MFT?
i use both mike....
depends on what you are needing....

thing with a squeeler is you can hear it go off when you have opened the breaker/switch....an MFT wont do that...

plus the squeeler is small....so you can easily get into small places with it rather than an MFT swinging from your neck...

and lets not forget ECRs as well where the MFT would be more appropriate.....
so, you cant kill power to certain finals....so an R2 together with a loop at all points served cuts it...

I used to have one of those all singing, all dancing Kewtech ones, that did the RCD test to. Thing broke on me after about a year and haven't bothered with them since .....

I used to have one of those all singing, all dancing Kewtech ones, that did the RCD test to. Thing broke on me after about a year and haven't bothered with them since .....
well...
i`v got a martindale buzzit
its OK...but you cant hear it sometimes when its plugged in an the top floor of a house where theirs 2 lifts....

the testmate one i have is louder...and cheaper than the martindale...
but maybe its just me....

chap i used to work for could hear continuity on his fluke T100 AVI....but couldn`t hear the continuity squeel on the Di-Log AVI that i use....

something to do with the tone he said....

What's wrong with using the kettle ???

It has to be one of them new-fangled electric ones mind .. the gas ones won't be any good for this.

Reply to DECENT socket tester in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock