Discuss Decent Wireless Switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a decent wireless switch?

I need to fit an external light for someone that is to be located next to their front door. They have a light switch on the inside of the door and was thinking it would be easier to use the switch wire to provide line/neutral to the external light rather than rip up floorboards or chase walls. The line/neutral would then supply a wireless switch for existing light; any recommendations? (existing light is 2-way so will need 2 switches that can switch the same receiver)

Does the existing switch actually have a Neutral in it? I presume you have checked this.
Sorry if it comes across like I'm teaching you to suck eggs but most switches just have a live wire in them, that is switched.

Any recommendations for a decent wireless switch?

I need to fit an external light for someone that is to be located next to their front door. They have a light switch on the inside of the door and was thinking it would be easier to use the switch wire to provide line/neutral to the external light rather than rip up floorboards or chase walls. The line/neutral would then supply a wireless switch for existing light; any recommendations? (existing light is 2-way so will need 2 switches that can switch the same receiver)
"ripupfloorboards"???did you train a s a plumber then? :D:D:D

"ripupfloorboards"???did you train a s a plumber then? :D:D:D

Don't be silly mate. Plumbers would mount the light on the inside and knock out a big hole to the outside, so the light can shine through..
Love you plumber guys really....

We have used Click Scolemore wireless stuff receiver with a push to make in grid wired to the transmitter with another 2-way switch.So far as this is the first time used this wireless switching easy to set up and no problems reported.

You need to remove the existing switch to determine how its wired before you do ANYTHING!

It is a simple switch drop from a hallway light; I want to move the switched live to the neutral at the rose to provide 230v to a wireleless switch and then use existing strapper to provide 230v to a secondary wireless switch. I'm just enqiuring about products

It is a simple switch drop from a hallway light; I want to move the switched live to the neutral at the rose to provide 230v to a wireleless switch and then use existing strapper to provide 230v to a secondary wireless switch. I'm just enqiuring about products

I thought you said it was 2 way?

I might run a feed from the inside hall ceiling rose to a wireless receiver close to the outside wall, drill through the wall to the light and use something like: EasySwitch.

I might run a feed from the inside hall ceiling rose to a wireless receiver close to the outside wall, drill through the wall to the light and use something like: EasySwitch.

Exactly what I was thinking, I want to use the feed from the hallway light rose (using existing 2 core switch T&E) to power the external light and a wireless switch (and then through a strapper cable to another switch). Just looking for recomendations on decent switch products

Sorry guys if this subject is being overthought. It'll be a simple task to drill through a wall from an existing internal light switch to provide a cable route to an external light fitting. I thought that I could use the existing switched live(from the rose) as a neutral to power the outside light and a wireless switch, all I want is recomendations on wireless switches

I have used the MK echo range recently to fit a 2 way light for a elderly couple, place the switches where ever you need them and put the receiver at the ceiling plate in the cavity with a perm live feed, the switches activate the receiver to turn on or off. the switches are self powered inside.
It was easiest and quickest option as they didn't want any mess or chasing done to their immaculately decorated house.. The MK stuff is a bit pricey and is about the only good thing Mk make these days.
There are alternatives on tlc-direct a receiver and switch would be around £50...
Quinetic Wireless Switches - https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Wiring_Accessories_Menu_Index/Quinetic/index.html

Reply to Decent Wireless Switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock