Discuss Delta training/NU Training/ New Delta/Tom Harvey in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mitch6278

Hi guys, I was with delta doing my NVQ and tore recently a guy called TOM HARVEY contacted me and has continued my NVQ. Everything has been fine but now it's time to issue the cert, I just can't get hold of him. I've tried ringing his mobile left emails and voicemails but to no avail!

Can an anyone help or does anyone else know how to contact him?

NU Training/New Delta

Has anyone dealt with or is dealing with Tom Harvey from NU training? He took over from delta based in Blackburn after all the trouble with them.

I cant seem to get hold of him at the minute and I need to get my certificate issued and he isn't responding to email or phone calls!

thanks

Re: Delta training/tom Harvey

Thomas Harvey has done this to a lot of people, myself included.. Just have to move on to another provider, xs training is the one I'm with now. Heres hoping 3rd time lucky eh.....

Are you saying that he has taken your money and now disappeared? I got stung by delta as well, nearly took him up on his offer.

Yup....thats exactly what im saying. Ah well, in for a penny, in for a pound. Went well until it came to getting my certs. Dopey ****er says you, but it was worth a go i suppose. If i had the opportunity of a face to face with Thomas harvey, tony and Valerie ***** and Graham Fleming , I'd like to see how they'd handle my displeasure of it all. But they'll get their just deserves one way or the other im sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was also with Delta. I'm in the process of trying to redo my 2356. I contacted XS Training and they quoted me £750+VAT. I emailed Tom Harvey today and he said he could do it for £400 and payment will be on completion. I was about to take him up on his offer until I read this thread and it got me worried. He also gave me a mobile number to call. Have any of you guys had any updates from him since you posted last?

Re: NU Training/New Delta

Did you have any luck with Tom Harvey mate. I was just emailing him today about taking up his offer?

2 x similar threads merged.

I'd urge extreme caution SAL, do some more due diligence before handing over money. I'm guessing this guy may well be qualified to complete the training but he may not be approved by C&G (without Delta) hence the problems with people getting certificates. Keep us posted on any further developments.

Last edited:
Please use the forums PM system in stead of post up other peoples personal details, thanks.

I was also with Delta. I'm in the process of trying to redo my 2356. I contacted XS Training and they quoted me £750+VAT. I emailed Tom Harvey today and he said he could do it for £400 and payment will be on completion. I was about to take him up on his offer until I read this thread and it got me worried. He also gave me a mobile number to call. Have any of you guys had any updates from him since you posted last?

Hi SAL,

Do not trust this guy at all. He has previously been investigated by City & Guilds for malpractice in relationship to the NVQ 2356-31 and has been "asked to leave" by at least two colleges/training providers that I know of because of this issue. He is well dodgy and needs to be named and shamed....

Don't waste your time with Tom Harvey as the final certification date for the NVQ 2365-31 is December 2015 and you would be much better off getting a reputable college/training provider to complete the NVQ for you as it will end up in lost time/money etc..

You can always get in contact with City & Guilds to verify the above and I am sure they will oblige.

Sparksflying

Hi SAL,

Do not trust this guy at all. He has previously been investigated by City & Guilds for malpractice in relationship to the NVQ 2356-31 and has been "asked to leave" by at least two colleges/training providers that I know of because of this issue. He is well dodgy and needs to be named and shamed....

Don't waste your time with Tom Harvey as the final certification date for the NVQ 2365-31 is December 2015 and you would be much better off getting a reputable college/training provider to complete the NVQ for you as it will end up in lost time/money etc..

You can always get in contact with City & Guilds to verify the above and I am sure they will oblige.

Sparksflying

Thanks Sparksflying.
I think i am going to so it with XS Training. I spoke to dave and they have a lot of happy previous candidates

Sal Go with XS training I did mine with them and no problems very helpful always willing to respond to emails at any time or can arrange to speak via phone
they explain everthing

Originally in 2011-12 I was going togo with delta as they ere cheaper glad I ddnt as it wasnt long after I heard they had caved in

I deffo wouldnt go with this Tom Guy after reading this thread sounds as if he is runnning a major scam

Sparksflying

Thank you for putting a bit more light on this subject. I will make enquirers myself into this for the members of the forum and post up my findings on this thread (if it is public information etc).

I have to be careful what I post up on an open forum about an individual but:-

Do not sign up or hand money over to Tom Harvey.

After the amount of complaints about him posted up on here + my findings via speaking with various companies/colleges etc, I have nothing nice to say about him. Loads of people have paid for a service which he has not delivered.

If you are in the same boat as some of the other members in this thread, may I offer you a bit of advice. There are 14 NVQ3 providers in England and Wales, this link lists them all. Mature Candidate Assessment | Joint Industry Board (JIB)

If it is possible, pay by credit card so you have a chance of retrieving any monies owed to you if the provider stops trading (eg Delta etc). If you are contacted directly by an individual claiming to complete your NVQ3 for a set amount of money, only make payment to the company that they work for and by credit card if possible. Me personally would only deal with the 14 listed companies and make any payment to them direct.

Hope we do not have to many people out there that have fallen for any form of qualification scam. (scam = paying for goods or services and not receiving them).

Trying to get hold of Tom harvey in regards ro the nvq3 saga and finishing off now a deadline has given me a kick up the backside to do it. Can anyone let me know his phone numb please. He has emaied me via one file but could do with speaking to him. Thanks in advance

Reply to Delta training/NU Training/ New Delta/Tom Harvey in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock